Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm a new proud parent of a 8 week old named Finn. We got him earlier than recommended I know but he is doing well. I am feeding him food with DHA but I wanted to add Omega 3 for Canine's as well but was wondering if that was too much for him...can puppies Over dose on DHA..the bottle says 5 ml (it recommends for his weight I give him 1 ml..740 mg of EPA adn 460 mg of DHA....so I guess I'm asking does anyone know the limits or max amoutn per day for a 15 pounder...

SueandFinn

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I wouldn't worry about giving fish oil at this age either. I would give 500 mgs vit c twice a day after morning and nite meals when he hits about 20 lbs. Start with less and build up slowly as it can cause stomach upset.

Nearly forgot, if you give the fish oil you have to suppliment with vit e as the fish oil depletes the body of vit e. You need to study up on it before giving, not after.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. My computer was down so sorry for the delay. I've been feeding him Wellness for puppy....he seems to be doing really well on it.

thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts