Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've asked on this site before and done research other places it's just really difficult to find quality breeders in the Tulsa area. I'll continue my research but I'm starting to get the impression I'll have to look at other states. My preference would be to support local breeders but I'm unable to find anyone. I'm not in a hurry to pick a pup but just wanted to be able to evaluate as many options as possible.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I've asked on this site before and done research other places it's just really difficult to find quality breeders in the Tulsa area. I'll continue my research but I'm starting to get the impression I'll have to look at other states. My preference would be to support local breeders but I'm unable to find anyone. I'm not in a hurry to pick a pup but just wanted to be able to evaluate as many options as possible.
Supporting local breeders isn't really the same as supporting local business. And, if you are working in that mindset, than supporting a broker is kind of like supporting big business anyways.

Many people have to travel for a well bred puppy.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Welcome to DT.

Thursday, June 28 through Sunday, July 1st - there is an All Breed Show in Oklahoma City. I know that is a couple of hours from Tulsa, but a good way to see Dobes and possibly meet breeders or at least make contacts. There are about 12 entries on Thurs/Fri and over 20 Sat/Sun.

The show is at the Cox Convention Center. Ring times for Dobes are: Thur. Ring 4, 9:00am. Fri. Ring 11, 8:00am, Sat. Ring 7, 9:10am, Sun. Ring 12, 8:00am.

If you attend be sure to purchase a catalog, so you know who you are looking at and the catalog also contains breeder/owner information.

Also you might want to contact your local breed club:

Doberman Pinscher Club of the Indian Nation
Colleen Billerbeck, PO Box 75475, Oklahoma City, OK 73147
(405) 942-5328
Email: [email protected]

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Looking for any breed of dog you can contact Mid Content Kennel Club they might point you in the right direction.Or look up Doberman Pincher Clubs they usually have a list of states that have breeders, Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts