Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm just sitting here.. on line and watching TV. Leia and Sophie are in here playing. Their toy bin is in my peripheral vision. I notice Leia get a toy out.. after putting one in! So, I continue to watch her.. and, she's putting her toys IN HER BIN! :D:

Naturally, I start tell her what a good girl she is... she just looks at me like.. "yeah? What'd I do??"

My baby is so shmart! If she starts to do it again.. I'll grab the camera and video it. Right now, she's taking everything out. LOL

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Awww how cute! I caught Bella doing that one day, she dropped 2 of her toys in the box, then laid down and started chewing the lid! Of course, when they do the cute stuff we dont have a camera handy, huh?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awww how cute! I caught Bella doing that one day, she dropped 2 of her toys in the box, then laid down and started chewing the lid! Of course, when they do the cute stuff we dont have a camera handy, huh?

We have very smart girls, don't we! :D

NEVER have the camera ready.. I think it's some kind of rule or something. heh.

·
Registered
793 Posts
thats precious. think of the time you could save each day if she learned the command "put your toys away." hmm. something else to work towards.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
What a smart girl! Yay for Leia! Of course the camera is never around when you need it :[ I find that when it is near by, by the time I get it all turned on and ready Dreizehn is no longer doing whatever it is that I wanted to take a picture of, lol

Edit: Starlight, I thought that your hissy fit was about you leaving? /surprised

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats precious. think of the time you could save each day if she learned the command "put your toys away." hmm. something else to work towards.

No doubt! I had planned to try to teach her that.. but, I was going to wait until she was a bit older. I think I'll start.. very slowly... now. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a smart girl! Yay for Leia! Of course the camera is never around when you need it :[ I find that when it is near by, by the time I get it all turned on and ready Dreizehn is no longer doing whatever it is that I wanted to take a picture of, lol

Edit: Starlight, I thought that your hissy fit was about you leaving? /surprised

Yes, she is a smart girl! It's next to impossible to 'catch' them doing something like this on camera.

Regarding the bolded part above.. Can we please not bring that into this thread? I would much appreciate it. :)

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
That's awesome, im still looking for an indestructible toy bin for my guy and get to clean up his toys too.......

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Taylor stands on top of her toy box, chews the lid, takes everything out, climbs in and once in a while even pees in it. Do the video and I'll tie Taylor to the computer so she can watch. I'm doing something wrong with this child.

Reactions: brw1982

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
When she pees take the box and toys away. Till next playtime.Does it again, double the time out with no box and toys, she should start figuring it out. If not it can encourage pissing on her schitt within your house and then possiveness over her stuff.
Its her box and I believe the pee is a marking of sorts. I might be wrong but I've seen similar and that's how I curve it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Taylor stands on top of her toy box, chews the lid, takes everything out, climbs in and once in a while even pees in it. Do the video and I'll tie Taylor to the computer so she can watch. I'm doing something wrong with this child.

ROFL!! I'm so sorry... But, that is hilarious! :D

I promise.. if I see it again, I will try so hard to get a video!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Roz is not allowed to chew bully sticks and things of that nature on the furniture, so she has a bed on the floor in each room. She is forever taking her toys and either placing them on her beds or in her crate. Her toy bin is closed, as I like to rotate out her toys. I used to think that she was "cleaning up" when she did this, but now I think she is just trying to stash them so that I will miss them on my next toy rotation. Haha! They really are smart dogs, aren't they? :)

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
They are brilliant dogs and fast to leArn both good and bad behavior. so needless to say bad behavior has to be nipped or down the road it is so much harder for correction. Luckily good behavior is always praised\rewarded and it is much to have more goods in a day\waking hours than bads.
They are very smart to figure out, when their up times are next to perfect, they are happier and are heading in the right direction.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
"click" reward.... "click" reward.... "click" reward...
I have always thought about these so I ordered a clik-r online last night. I think it will be better than snapping my fingers and the range much better lol.
Its kinda funny, I seen your post yesterday, and I thought about it again. Then last night, I opened my USB stick which clicked and Nubis dropped his bone and come over to check out the noise as he is Mr Investigator. I just thought, i might be able to make things easier with one of these clik-r's.

·
Registered
208 Posts
"click" reward.... "click" reward.... "click" reward...
Yes! Once you get your pup conditioned to the clicker and what it means (consider grabbing a couple of books while you're at it to help getting started), you will be amazed at the neat behaviors you can shape. Especially with dogs this smart and willing to please, you'll have her understanding "put your toys away" in no time if you are even a little consistent.

I love it when they offer up cute and useful behaviors all on their own = )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts