Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found out yesterday that my uncle isn't going to be moving in with me and my mother because he got back together with his 22 year old girlfreind. Well now my mothers friend who is blind is moving in with us with her 15 year old daughter. They lived with us at one point and from that experiance I am having trouble deciding what to do with trinity when I'm not home. Just to let ya'll know the daughter has been known to steal from me and my mother so i will be putting a lock on my bedroom door my mother alreayd has one. Well also last time they were living with us the 15 year old use to force my cats to do stuff they didn't want to do. She forced my cat tabatha to stay underneathe the covers while she was hiding her from me and another time she gave a starbucks latte to tigger. Well they will be moving in either in december or may not sure which yet. Well when I'm not home trinity can't be inside unless my mother is home because since stacy ( the 15 year old mother the blind lady) will be home alone she wouldn't be able to see trinity if trinity is laying on the floor or something also I don't want her daughter messing with trintiy because her daughter has a dog that will not be moving in with them because hes 12 years old but she use to feed her dog all sorts of human food and I know no matter how many times I tell her don't feed trintiy human food shes going too. I already have the whole cat situation worked out i just don't know what to do with trinity. The only places she could stay when I"m not home is in my room or in the backyard.

If she stays in the backyard then I would be worried about the weather either it being to cold or to hot but either one her being in it for too long of a time period worrys me.

The other option is she stays in my room but the only problem with that one is that if she needs to go to the restroom while i am gone then of course she will go if I don't get home in time to let her out.

What should I do?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Honestly, whether or not it is feasible, I don't know your situation and I won't pick at you to disclose it... but I say the only thing to do is tell them they can't move in. From what you say, them being there spells nothing but trouble for you, your mother, or your animals. It sounds like it is putting Trinity in an unsafe situation with that girl around.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
You can always crate her in your room. If this 15 yr old is as malicious as you say she is, I would put the idea of leaving her outside far, far from your mind. What would happen if she let Trinity inside? What would happen if she left the gate open? Or if she decided to take Trinity for a walk?
Since your are so concerned about this other girl, I would suggest you keep her in her crate in your locked room. Nothing can happen if she does not have any access to her.
How long are you gone each day? If I were you I would start doing this now. You have over a month to get yourself and Trinity used to this new living arrangement.
On the other hand, maybe this girl has matured some since she's last lived with you and your mother and will not be a problem at all.
What have you decided to do with the cats?

Good luck!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First I don't have choice about them moving in its not up to me its up to my mother.

Second what I have decided to do with the cats is that I will be buying a cat door and putting it on my bedroom do so that when I'm not home and my bedroom door is locked the cats can go in my room to get away from her.

Third totally off topic but why was my post moved I need help with trinity which makes it doberman related?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to say how long I'm gone eahc day. Well it all depends on the day because at the moment I am a temp worker and I mainly just work the weekend but I will soon be working a normal 8 hour day plus on the weekends i will still be doing the temp work for 2 places.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I moved it because it was about people moving into your house. I even post my threads with pictures of Lexy on couch in Non-dobe chat, not a big deal.

I didn't want to pry about them moving in and who's desicion it was and for what reason. But I understand that it isn't your choice and you don't have a say. Sounds like your best bet is to keep Trinity crated in your locked room if you are worried about her welfare with the girl there and you can't change the fact that they are coming.

I'm sure you have already, but have you appealed to your mother about the issue and your concerns? Maybe if you can come to an understanding with her about it, and if they still have to move in, she can support you by having a conversation with the woman and her daughter about rules and restrictions while they are living under your roof. Prior to them moving in, so hopefully they take it very seriously.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope so but this girl totally out of control. I have talked to my mother about it she is the one who is buying the lock for my door. In about 4 days I will be putting in the cat door. I just heard from my friend and he gave me a good idea that is cheaper then buying a cat door. Just buy a hing and a sliding lock and cut the corner of my door off and hing it to the door and lock open so that when I'm not home they can come in and out as they please. He will be helping buy the hardware tomorrow and then thursday we will make the cat door. As for the lock my mother said that we will be changing my door knob to one that locks with in the next 2 weeks so that when the others move in it won't look new and they won't think we put it in just because of them. Plus another reason we decided to put a lock on my door is because in may I will be 21 and if i buy acholic drinks they will have to stay locked in my room because of how much I don't trust this girl.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Best of luck PrettyDobie, hopefully with some luck, they will back out of it, huh?! Sounds like you are doing all you can to ensure the safety of your animals. At least this girl will be gone at school for some portion of the day too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Could you keep your cats locked in your room while you're not home? As long as they have access to a litter box and water, they should be fine. I don't blame you for worrying about this girl comming to stay if she's that much of a problem. I know there's not a lot you can do but by all means, do whatever you have to, to keep your babies safe and sound.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Prettydobie, these people sound like the house guests from hell! Sounds like they're going to be an extra load on your Mum as well. Has your mum thought about advertising for a boarder/lodger rather than have one of her friends move in. At least then you can interview people and set ground rules, then the relationship is more on a professional level. It can get quite difficult raising issues that concern you, with friends if you want to retain the friendship! Good luck.:)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I talked to my mother about that and she doesn't like that idea to much because she said she wouldn't know the people that well and she knows her freinds well. It might be ok this time because last time I had to share a room with the girl but this time shes sharing a room with her mom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts