Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was suggested to me by one of the fine folks on DT to post a thread here as part of my search for a great breeder in the midwest (Ohio-ish) region.

I'm looking for my four legged brother with an arrival date of late summer 2013. If you're one of those conscientious breeders or can give some direction, I'd be much obliged. I have probably sent out 30 emails tonight based on some of the recommendations I've read on the DT forum. I am very grateful for this site, at least I can get some talk time with the people who understand why I want a dobe!

Thanks again from Dayton Ohio!

·
Registered
225 Posts
May want to look here...

Midwest US Region - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums

It has a bunch of different topics so if you scroll through that it might help. Also, you might want to check out the DPCA's website if you are looking for a reputable breeder. Do you know if you want to put your dog in various events like agility, obedience, schutzhund or are you just looking for a family pet? If you answer some of these questions the other wonderful people on this forum that are more experienced than me can help you out a little better.

Good luck in your search!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Is your dog Ruger a boy?

If so, no reputable breeder will sell you a "brother" for your dog. Please do some research on male/male aggression. It's a scary, and common, occurrence with this breed.

Edit: I just read that you don't actually have Ruger anymore so nevermind what I said.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good thoughts :) I am looking for a brother, a compainon. I'm not looking to breed or show, rather I want to take him all over hiking with me, play in the parks and cuddle on the couch. I am mildly interested in the schutzhund idea but I honestly don't know enough about it yet to have an informed opinion (yet).

But 2013 is far enough out for me to do some good research.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts