Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would counter my "frustrated" post with a big brag :) Are y'all tired of hearing about our training trials and victories yet?
Decided not to run out the zoomies in the field this morning before our walk. They are doing construction across the street and I thought it would just be too big of a distraction for her. So, we walked the 1/2 mile to the tennis court. Other than being especially excited, she did great, no pulling and no aggressive displays to those we passed.
I forgot the stupid tennis ball but found a stick to throw for her. On the second throw, as she was 1/2 way to the stick, I called her. Can you believe this little girl did a quick pivot and darted right back to me?!!?!?!?! She sat, I took her collar, gave her a treat and then let her go get the stick :) Then, a bit later and just for the fun of it, I put her in a sit/stay when she brought the stick back, took the stick and started walking. "Chi, heel" She did it!!! No leash, no baiting with treats, she zoomed to my left side and kept perfect step, I stopped and she gave me the most beautiful auto. sit. I'm so proud of my baby girl :) She was just awesome!
When we walked back into our parking lot -which sometimes can be stressful because this is when many people approach us- some neighbors were walking out of their house. She has almost always reacted to this scenario. Not today. Of course I had the chicken in her face, but we stopped, she sat and I was able to converse with the ladies for a few minutes. No aggressive reaction at all! They even commented on how well behaved she was, and they've seen the worst of the worst of her reactions. WOOHOO!
I know I still have to keep up with this but it just makes me feel so good when we have days like this...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah! It sounds like she had a great time and is getting more comfortable with things. That's just so exciting when they give us their all, isn't it. Well done!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Awesome Trac!!! You are making me jealous! I will just have to break out the dobie winter coat and get outside!! (btw- I hate snow..)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tracy,

Congratulations on your achievements with Chi. Seems like your training with her is progressing very well. Maybe the next stage would be to grdually introduce distractions during the recall, like getting your hubby to walk parallel to Chi from a distance while giving the recall? You can increase this gradually from your hubby walking at a distance to running just past her to getting strangers shouting and running past her face, just do it slowly to avoid confusing Chi.

Again, congrats on your progress.

Regards,
TH

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come on over... Mark would be more than happy to turn both of your sweet and gentle dogs into chasing, crazy, nutty wierdos! I swear Chi can be perfect all day long, the second he walks into the house, she knows the fun will begin... It's the same with Jordan though... I hate that he gets to be the "fun one" and I have to be the adult! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.