Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's pictures of Maya with her official tapes. I waited until the stitches were off, and let her a break for a day or two and then I cleaned her ears, massaged them.

Then I taped her ears like I saw in a tutorial using Johnson & Johnson waterproof tape, and her ears stand firmly. It's been a day and it haven't budge even with her running and playing.

I let some space to breath at the bottom where it makes a "bell" shape, and letting that bell shape in a strong and firm position.

I'll redo them every couple of days.

Maya seems to feel the most comfortable since the operation. She plays more than ever, and those new tapes don't bother her too much. It felt great when we removed the stitches and the ears crop is great!

Let me know if my job seems well done! ;)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
is there any posts in her ears? and did you make sure that her scabs were healed up before you posted? Sometimes when not healed all the way that can create a an infection. You might also want to put a bridge on for the first couple of posting's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ear was totally healed. there was a small part like half a centimeter who wasnt totally healed, but I left it open to air under the tapes, in the bell part of the bottom. It was very very small and almost healed thought.

I waited after removing the stitches until the ear was completely healed where I would put tape.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
for the bridge you can use just tape, and from the pics it doesn't look that there are posts in her ears, is there?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes there is.

I followed a tutorial I found on the net:

Reverse tape on tampons so it stick to the inside of the ears, then taped around.

I'll use something bigger in 2 or 3 weeks when she grows a little. Like foam thingy they put around pipes for insulation.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
the tampon will work fine, I know a couple of people that have used that method all through till the ears were done. This is what a bridge would look like used with tape.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I might use less tape if possible in the future so the ears can breathe. There are a few tutorials on this list and those are the methods I'd use myself. I try to use 3 pieces of tape up the ear - bottom, middle and tips and leave as much ear open as possible to prevent infections, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts