Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odin is 11 weeks old today and he is doing awesome! I couldn't have gotten a better pup. He only whined the first couple of nights and it was only for about 5 minutes. He walks in and out of his crate like nothing, and does pretty well when left on his own. I haven't left him on his own for no more than 20 min, I will be working on making it longer and longer on how long I leave on his own.

I take him to work and he does awesome, greets all the clients but doesn't over whelm them with any type of jumping or licking. I couldn't ask to have a better boss that would allow me to bring him to work lol he almost demands that I do.

He has already started protecting the place, barking at noises outside the door. He has been growling at dogs so I am correcting that by having him sit and wait until the dogs go by him. It seems like the other dogs intimidate him a little bit because most of the time the other dog is too excited when they try to greet him. With the other dogs that come up to him in a more calm matter he is fine.

We are already able to walk pretty darn fine on the leash, we walk about 10 blocks all together, he knows how to sit, and leave it. We are working on stand, and come and potty training.

I haven't run into anybody yet that is appalled by the fact that his ears are cropped. They just ask why I did it, and I tell them that I got him from a ethical breeder and that she did it. So they have all been open ears about it so I tell them.

Number one comment is "WHAT BIG FEET YOU HAVE"! By the size of those feet it looks like your going to become a big boy. LOL aside from that they see the quality in him and always comments what a nice looking dog he is and then comment on how well behaved he is.

I had to by a special bowl for him to slow him down because he wolfs down his meals in milliseconds.

and now some pics : )

hmm what in here?

Lets tear it open and find out

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Odin is a cutie...I really enjoyed all the photos.
- sounds like a smart little guy, getting good manners / and they sure like toys...lol

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
What a lil' cutie - love the pumpkin pic; well, actually I love them all! :)

Jan

Reactions: o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
He is absolutely adorable. Having a great personality and liking his crate endears them even more. Count yourself very lucky. I, on the other hand, have a <3 mo terror. Can scream longer and louder than any pup I've ever know when she even looks at the crate.

Love the photos.

KC/Linda

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
He is so freaking adorable.

I meant to ask you awhile back what made you switch from Kronos (?) to Odin? Hopefully I got that name right lol. I think Odin fits him like a glove, but I also really liked Kronos.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He is so freaking adorable.

I meant to ask you awhile back what made you switch from Kronos (?) to Odin? Hopefully I got that name right lol. I think Odin fits him like a glove, but I also really liked Kronos.
When I got him Kronos just didn't fit him, I had him for a couple days without a name. I considered a couple of names but they just didnt click. My boyfriend, friend and I were brainstorming ideas, my friend has a cat named Garfield and he said Odie, then he remembered the name Odin from a game. And we were all like (light bulb) lol it fit him perfect. His personality fit the name, Kronos seemed to serious sounding for him.

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
He is absolutely adorable. Having a great personality and liking his crate endears them even more. Count yourself very lucky. I, on the other hand, have a <3 mo terror. Can scream longer and louder than any pup I've ever know when she even looks at the crate.

Love the photos.

KC/Linda
Our Amy hated the crate as a baby to...nothing like the relentless winning, of a puppy...lol...putting the dog-on.
(I remember how bad I felt, locking her crate door & she would go into her acting)
Two years ago - after Vet surgery, she cried for a whole shift straight,,,while on IV...until they let me take her home early.

Plus ThkU o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o - I never get enough, of the unique pics. of Odin and reading the little stories.
- keep them coming / only a puppy once - really helps us DT members who are puppy less, for the time being
(something I miss dearly, puppy training is an exciting time for me / our senior girl just to jealous to share Dads love though)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts