Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So proud of Odin, he usually responds to people that show fear by barking and growling. Today we were entering the dog park and there were two woman leaving. They didn't have a dog with them, I think they were just there to look at the dogs. Odin walked past the two, he typically does not pay attention to the people. He is more interested in the dogs, anyways as he walked by and one of the woman just screamed.

It actually startled me because I was not expecting that. I looked at Odin right away ready to correct him if he reacted. But he didn't he just kept on doing his thing, I was so proud of him. The other woman that was with the one that screamed told her not to scream at dogs.

He is doing really good, great recall and doing great in training. He is getting the agility down really well, although the agility course only has a few things and I am curious to see how well he will do with more equipment.

Odin's new harness

Hey look a duck

he is such a good boy :)

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Great pics! He's such a handsome boy and looking so grown up! Glad to hear he is enjoying agility too.

Your pics made me feel like I was at home too. I'm originally from the PNW and lived in Seattle for many years. Is that 520 in the background? The first couple pics reminded me of a park I used to go in Madison Park years ago. :)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it might be, it was out first time going to this lake. It was a lake in Kenmore. I am really surprised he even went into the water, because earlier he actually fell in the water from the dock. I think he liked it because he had the zoomies after I pulled him back up onto the dock, silly puppy.

Yeah Odin is really starting to get the course that we do, even the weave poles. People always watch us and are really impressed that he can do it.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Those photos of Odin are incredible...thku...what a water rat you got there, he has amazing fun in the water (great action, with ball & stick).
- and good boy, just watching the ducks (from the animal kindom)...He-He

Both of my dobes, didn't like water much...next pup will have a kiddy pool and a yellow ducky.

We live down a dead end street and she spotted 3 young girls walking to school / she went just on the roadway, to see them.
Their softly yelling "sit" & "get away" / I came out from the back yard, said she is a hospital dog, just wants to share some love...then Amy got petted.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought he would have only gone in if I went in, but he really surprised me going in my himself. I think the next thing I will buy him is a life vest for this summer. I don't doubt it if I jump in he will follow me.

He does really well with other animals, great with cats, squirrels, and the little puppies and dogs that come into the park.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I love the pictures of Odin in the water. He's a good looking boy!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the comments :) I bought Odin and life vest today. Can't for more summer weather, and do some more swimming. I am getting better with my DSLR camera and lucky that Odin can pose for the camera.

Reactions: Beaumont67
1 - 16 of 16 Posts