Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured this would be a good spot to post descriptions/videos/pics of your Dobe(s) and their unusual talents! :biggthump

I've been teaching my girl to fetch the mail. She's come a long way since I made this video, but she's still not ready to apply for a USPS job. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD5TFUC0ASI

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Mavis would bring in the paper every morning:

It was a long haul, as the paper-boy leaves the paper at the end of a quarter-mile driveway. And on Sundays (as in the picture) the L.A. Times puts out a big paper.

I'm about ready to give Mensa the "paper try-out". She's been carrying avocados up the driveway just fine for a while now. We'll switch her to newspapers pretty soon.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
So does she do laundry & pay bills yet? :lol2: She seems like a great girl & does a good job with the mail :)

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
LOL @ Drayzen's video. I chuckled at the end.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
LMAO! That was great. I mean...It DID have alot of loose pieces :) If she can get it to the right address she would beat my mail carrier anyday!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Great Job! She even ditches the JUNK mail! LMAO

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
She's a perfect carrier.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mavis would bring in the paper every morning:

It was a long haul, as the paper-boy leaves the paper at the end of a quarter-mile driveway. And on Sundays (as in the picture) the L.A. Times puts out a big paper.

I'm about ready to give Mensa the "paper try-out". She's been carrying avocados up the driveway just fine for a while now. We'll switch her to newspapers pretty soon.

Clearly a female as she's gone shopping again:rotate1:
(Cov ducks for cover!)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I know I've shared this before....................what a nut job!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess will smile on command if we get her really excited and say "SMILE!"
hmmm....
We can say "get back" and move our hand and she will do little hops backwards she tries to talk with usually letting out a bark each hop back
she looks in the direction I point
she seems to know our names...
SHe will give me a kiss when I say "Kiss!"
she knows to how to do this spin turn when she is happy and I do a signal lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Reese will turn in a circle if we say Circle. He also falls over dead if you say Bang. My kids friends love that one so we get many requests for it. He knows all our names and will go get whoever I tell him. Same with his toys. I tried the bone on his head but he didn't find it as amusing as I did. Maybe later.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Chaz,
I thought of Mavis when I read the first post in this thread. I love that pic of her :)

The vid of Drayzen fetching the mail is too cute - Chi would have shredded it the second that I handed it to her!!!

To date, Chi's best trick is bringing me the remotes. She's getting better and better at doing it on command - then again, she does it on her own ALL THE TIME!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Best Tricks.....hmmmmm...... let's see.

Ziris: She could dig you a hole that you AND your family could comfortably take shelter in.

Rommel: He has a way of planting his big butt on you just right so that BOTH of your legs fall asleep.

Piper: Her best trick is that she can chase down 2 dobermans bite their butt and legs, yet still escape without harm. She's just fast :)

Thats about all I have for tricks :) Sorry folks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts