Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Storm and Ava both are entered in Novice A obedience.....then Storm is in Rally Novice A and Ava is in Rally Advanced A. It's a three-day trial, so they are both showing both Rally and Obed. all three days. They each have a chance to get two titles, so please keep your fingers crossed for us! We leave tomorrow night.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Well good luck and I hope they both do amazing..kept us posted. :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
good luck ladies!!!! I can't wait to see all those new letters at the ends of your names. I'm sure you all will do just great, but most important - have FUN!

cc

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the good wishes! We're getting ready to leave here pretty soon. I just want everything to go smoothly with the new camper - I'm not a fan of surprises!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
can you enter storm in Nov A rally if you already titled ava in Rally?

the dog that earns the title has a 60 day grace period to continue to compete in Nov A, but since you have now titled a dog in Rally, you have to enter all future dogs in Nov B class.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It hasn't been 60 days.

I am so proud to announce that Storm earned her CD yesterday and her RN today! She got a "bonus" Q today in obedience and will go for another tomorrow. She will also move up to Rally Advanced tomorrow. She went a perfect 3 for 3 Q's in Rally Novice. Storm won all four of her classes so far, two obedience and two rally. She won $20 each class the first day, won $20 gift certificates to J&J Dog in each class today.....won a neck kerchief, a fleece bunny, a fleece throw blanket, and a CUSTOM PORTRAIT! We got pictures and I will get them posted ASAP on my Webshots.

Our little pistol Miss Ava was not too good yesterday in either Obedience or Rally (NQ in both). Today she was much better in her Obedience and should have Q'd - it was a judge's discretion on a second extra command - some would have let her pass but unfortunately this one didn't. She was really good until that today and it was mostly because she saw her daddy in the crowd and got very distracted. That won't happen again! We're hoping for her first Obedience leg tomorrow. Rally Advanced was worse....she actually decided to "liberate" herself from the ring and ran into the arms of her Auntie Lorelle who had done sits and downs with her (since both girls were in Novice A Obed.). So she will not be going back tomorrow, I don't want her to have a chance to fail like that again so we will go back to on-lead until she chills out some more....a few years, maybe!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Way to go Storm!! WooHOO!!!

I bet you're just walking on air today :)

Maybe Ava thought that Storm was just making things entirely too easy for you and thought it would be better to shake things up a bit to keep you on your toes??? They do have that uncanny ability to know what we need, even when we don't know what we need :)

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
TwoDobieGirls said:
It hasn't been 60 days.

I am so proud to announce that Storm earned her CD yesterday and her RN today! She got a "bonus" Q today in obedience and will go for another tomorrow. She will also move up to Rally Advanced tomorrow. She went a perfect 3 for 3 Q's in Rally Novice. Storm won all four of her classes so far, two obedience and two rally. She won $20 each class the first day, won $20 gift certificates to J&J Dog in each class today.....won a neck kerchief, a fleece bunny, a fleece throw blanket, and a CUSTOM PORTRAIT! We got pictures and I will get them posted ASAP on my Webshots.

congrats - but the 60 days does not apply to the dog earning the new title. it only applies to the dog that already has the title, which is ava. any future dog you handle (storm) needs to be shown in nov B because you now qualify as an experienced handler that has owned/trained a dog to an RN. the 60 day leeway for showing only applies to the dog that actually earned the title, as she has 60 days (the DOG< not the handler) to show in the A class. this is the exact same situation that occured with my friend, so i wouldnt move her up until you talk to the AKC. unfortunately, i dont believe that storms legs count at all, because she was in the wrong class.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Kim and 2dobergirls, would you be so kind as to take a moment and translate for me? I would love to work with pollo in obiedience and our next pup (whenever that will be) in show so I would at least like to learn the lingo. I have no clue what rally is or RN ( am guessing Rally novice as opposed to registered nurse). I would love to be able to learn from you all.

also I looked on the the AKC site and only saw the one show in MD the end of april. are there any other websites I can go to to find out when show are?

cc

cc

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Rally is really fun, it is like the middle ground between your CGC and your CD. It is obedience but you have signs to follow that tell you what to do, you can talk to and encourage your dog also. It is really enjoyable.

Try this, you can plug in your state and it will give you a list of shows and the type of show it is...
http://www.infodog.com/showinfo/state.htm

You probably saw this, but it is about rally.. http://www.akc.org/events/rally/index.cfm

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Congrats. I am really happy for you!!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
:dancing_b :dancing_b :dancing_b Storm!!!

Maybe Ava thought that Storm was just making things entirely too easy for you and thought it would be better to shake things up a bit to keep you on your toes??? They do have that uncanny ability to know what we need, even when we don't know what we need :)
I couldn't agree more!​

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
doberkim said:
congrats - but the 60 days does not apply to the dog earning the new title. it only applies to the dog that already has the title, which is ava. any future dog you handle (storm) needs to be shown in nov B because you now qualify as an experienced handler that has owned/trained a dog to an RN. the 60 day leeway for showing only applies to the dog that actually earned the title, as she has 60 days (the DOG< not the handler) to show in the A class. this is the exact same situation that occured with my friend, so i wouldnt move her up until you talk to the AKC. unfortunately, i dont believe that storms legs count at all, because she was in the wrong class.
Rally titles have nothing to do with Obedience titles - I checked with the AKC about it. I was correct to have her in "A".

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Codysmom said:
also I looked on the the AKC site and only saw the one show in MD the end of april. are there any other websites I can go to to find out when show are?
Go to www.onofrio.com That's the only one I know about besides the AKC website. This was my third show so I'm still learning too!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts