Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the bet place to find , buy the cards ,stands and cones needed to do Rally OB at ? We have a nice finished basement and I'm turning into a full time training area for Mr. B and Little girl .

Thanks !

·
Got mutt?
13,655 Posts
If you want full sized traffic cones, I got mine at a place called Northern Tool. Something like $8 for an 18" cone, less if they are having a sale. If you just want super cheap 8" ones, then Walmart or any sports supply place should have them.

If you want AKC signs and have a printer, you can download them and print them out yourself, and either laminate them or slip them into sheet protectors. https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn-origin.../2020/02/28125055/Rally-Sign-Set-02272020.pdf For practice, you can just lay the signs on the floor.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
I use the uber cheap small cones from Walmart or actually I think I got mine at Home Depot. And am still using the old set that I printed and stuck in sheet protectors (I need to add the new exercises--they've had a couple of changes since I made the set I have.

Ken, I would not get the full set--you are only going to need the signs for the beginning Rally classes for awhile. And eventually you are going to want to take her to a class (and eventually they'll have classes again and the last time I was training a dog the instructor gave a set of signs for whatever level the class covered to every one enrolled.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just got the complete set of OB signs , stands and cones from J&J - little pricey I thought , but I have been looking and looking and looking , one place signs to print , then would have to find some sort of stands - believe this or not , the little cones have been the hardest thing to find . Can't wait for it to come in , now the problem , is the basement big enough to set up the course , I also just printed off the 5 official courses to lay out for the AKC .

This is going to be to fun !

Thank you Granny Red for the great info !

Doc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts