Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy just climbed on the counter and ate a single brownie...i know chocolate is supposed to be poison, hope she doesnt die :help_up_2

the brownie was like 2 days old, so hopefully it wont do anything but upset her stomach
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
yes she should be o.k just feelign alittle under the weather and wishing she hadnt eaten the whole thing lol.

Youre right chocolate is a poison to dogs but in frequent doses ..if you fed a dog human choccy every day you could have a dead dog on your hands. You can get chocolate for dogs maybe that will help her chocolate craving :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,589 Posts
She's going to be fine. Like Tracy said, it's bakers chocolate that is truley dangerous, the amount that she would have to eat from say, a brownie is VERY high to actually be deadly. Being the size of dog she is and the low dose of theobromine in a brownie.

That is the ingredient that is dangerous to dogs..... Here is a scale for information about how much what size dog would have to eat to be fatal...
Dangerous Quantities of Chocolate
1st column -Pet's Weight
2nd column-Amount of Milk Chocolate
3rd column- Amount of Unsweetened Chocolate
4th column- Approx. Amount of Theobromide
5 Lbs. / 4 oz. / 1/2 oz. / 200 mg
10 Lbs. / 8 oz. / 1 oz. / 400 mg
20 Lbs. / 1 Lb. / 2 1/2 oz. / 900 mg
30 Lbs. / 1 1/4 Lbs. / 3 3/4 oz. / 1300 mg
40 Lbs. / 2 1/2 Lbs. / 4 1/2 oz. / 1 800 mg
50 Lbs. / 3 Lbs. / 5 1/2 oz. / 2250 mg
60 Lbs. / 3 3/4 Lbs. / 6 3/4 oz. / 2700 mg
70 Lbs. / 4 3/4 Lbs. / 8 1/2 oz. / 3400 mg

Sorry if it is hard to read, but it does explain the different kinds of chocolate and the toxicity of them...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Yea I was interested in the amount. I knew it was alot. when I was married my then husband shared his oreo cookies with my dobe. one for every one he ate. she had the runs really bad for a day. Was it a mess boy did my husband get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,589 Posts
No prob, I think I neglected to post also, that is the amount of each chocolates they would have to eat to have a fatal dose. Example a 70 lbs dog would have to consume about 4 3/4 lbs of milk chocolate to prove fatal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
And if it ever does eat that much just immediately pour peroxide down there throat. My corgi ate something in the garage and I freaked and I had it up in less than ten minutes. My vet laughed at me for worrying but I'm just glad it was ok!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
your not gonna believe this, but i made more brownies, and put them as far back on the counter as i could, well i ate about 3 out of nine, that night she ate 6 of em.....arrrrghhh

she will grab anything on the counter edible or not, its frustrating
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top