Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well so far so good
It is a medium crop with a slight curve.
After picking him up, he was super excited to see us come back for him, heheh...

here is right before surgery

after surgery

he really had to go pee

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
/I am very happy, I like the shape and for me, it suits him.
I havent really paid alot of attention yet, as he is too smart for that and will start messing with them.
Dr.Staples is a straight shooter and asked what i wanted. i respect that in a professional and he came highly recommended. wow he is super busy too.
Concentration now is, Nubis not messing with them, so it can lead us to a successful post. He is grasping Leave command because when our cats are passing he wants to play because he was raised around cats and kittens and when he is attempting we tell him leave them alone. 2 of the 3 cats hardly phase him. but the male dominant cat stands his position. as each day passes, it lessons. they also go outside so that helps alot too.

fun and games

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
/I am very happy, I like the shape and for me, it suits him.

Dr.Staples is a straight shooter and asked what i wanted. i respect that in a professional
Looks like he did a great job!

I agree about the professional asking what a client wants. The most beautiful Doberman crop I ever saw was (unfortunately!) on a Min Pin, and I thought it looked awful! Great crop on the wrong dog. I was kind of fascinated, and asked who had done it. Months later, a couple came into the store with a nine week old pup and asked me about cropping (why one would ask that of a stranger in a Big Box store is beyond me!)... I mentioned a couple of guys, including the guy who had done the Min Pin. They chose that guy and some months later I got to see their pup... and, I thought the crop looked awful! BUT... the woman had had a Doberman in the 70's and had taken his picture along and told the vet that she wanted exactly that crop... and, she got it! She was extremely pleased, and I have recommended him several times since. I think it is very cool that he is able to deliver what is asked for, even if it is not necessarily what someone else would want... very professional.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
He looks great :) Sometimes you get a puppy that is fantastic at leaving their ears alone, my Mysti never bothered her ears, she was great with the cup, and also later with posting. My Nexus hated it all the way through and it took 3 trips back to the vet for repairs to her ears, she had to be restitched twice and finally they wrapped them and posted on the 3rd visit, leaving as much of the stitching open as possible, and it took 3 weeks before her stitches came out due to having them redone so many times but she turned out with great ears, go figure lol! Bella did real good, only bothered them a little when she got an infection in one of them. So it all depends on the dog.
Im sure if you have a good foundation for him with his command he will do fine. And it sounds like you have that advantage already so you should be good and should have no problems.

Reactions: Nubis'sDad

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just love the crop!!!!! I truly have my little dobie now.
I am so looking for walks now, so the ill-informed are less inclined to ask if it's a rottie.

Funny story, yesterday waiting to go in, lady beside us with her dog, goes his adorable and just sitting there. My wife goes there's two Doberman pups over there (two young women, 20's sitting with 8 wk pups on their laps,hahaha).
The lady goes I don't like Dobermans. Both of us goes in sync, Nubis is a Doberman. she then says, well when they are big.
Needless to say all 3 were waiting for crop jobs.

I love how ppl stereotype dogs and also humans.
I ride a Harley and now have a Dobe in my life again, so now I am the big bad Biker. Lol
Needless to say, I am myself am a big ole dog but put me in a corner, and I will come out swinging.

""See no evil, hear no evil, For I have walked in the shadow of death"

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He looks great :) Sometimes you get a puppy that is fantastic at leaving their ears alone, my Mysti never bothered her ears, she was great with the cup, and also later with posting. My Nexus hated it all the way through and it took 3 trips back to the vet for repairs to her ears, she had to be restitched twice and finally they wrapped them and posted on the 3rd visit, leaving as much of the stitching open as possible, and it took 3 weeks before her stitches came out due to having them redone so many times but she turned out with great ears, go figure lol! Bella did real good, only bothered them a little when she got an infection in one of them. So it all depends on the dog.
Im sure if you have a good foundation for him with his command he will do fine. And it sounds like you have that advantage already so you should be good and should have no problems.
Thanks....
I hear you. My first dobe had a poor crop, and just wouldn't let up messing with them and numerous retappings, bcuz he would find workarounds. My Lady didn't even noticed the posts. Back then my oldest male cat use to sleep beside her and we had to correct him from wanting to lick the bandages, go figure eh.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts