Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is Nubis with Santa.
We dont have kids, so this was special to me, as one of my cherished pictures I have, was when I was a kid with Santa, (before I pulled his beard off).
I told Santa, today, be careful Nubis will try to mess with his beard and sure enuf he tried pulling on it. It was too funny. As, I have a goatee, and Nubis always likes nibbling it. hehe
I was really impressed with my little guy at Petsmart, tons of dogs and he was just wagging his stubby tail like crazy. Even liked a monstrous Bull Mastiff. lol. I cant wait to get him in OB classes after xmas.

PS: INteresting, his left ear is standing better than the right. The reason i say that is, the left post popped up, but was propped along his head and it kept it straight. So for my guy, the post being out, makes it stand better and he has good control while under the tape, so he is working those muscles. Basically, his ears have been posted 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
awwwwwww. That is a great picture. My dogs were my children & I can't wait to get another one. I had a chance to get a pup two weeks ago,, I should have taken him. Since he was show quality I let him go to someone who will hopefully show him. Fingers crossed for a Christmas one.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh my goodness. Cute overload = )

All these darn puppy shots are not helping my puppy pangs! My husband has about decided we need to just go ahead and buy a house like tomorrow so we can get one, haha.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
That is too cute! Love his big feet. He's a sweetheart. I would have liked to seen a pic of him with Santa's beard in his mouth......is that wrong?

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awwwwwww. That is a great picture. My dogs were my children & I can't wait to get another one. I had a chance to get a pup two weeks ago,, I should have taken him. Since he was show quality I let him go to someone who will hopefully show him. Fingers crossed for a Christmas one.
Thanks
Maybe Santa, will bring one :)
Oh my goodness. Cute overload = )

All these darn puppy shots are not helping my puppy pangs! My husband has about decided we need to just go ahead and buy a house like tomorrow so we can get one, haha.
Thanks
Definitely a good incentive to get a house.
Our fenced in yard, was good enuf incentive to get me one, hahaha
That is too cute! Love his big feet. He's a sweetheart. I would have liked to seen a pic of him with Santa's beard in his mouth......is that wrong?
Thanks
Yeah im wondering when the paws will stop growing. I know from the Sire/Dam, he will be tall.
I was holding his rope ball to get his attention at the camera or I would have been snapping shots too.
He's so dang cute! What's with the pet store Santas though....are they not allowed to smile or something??? :grinball1:
Thanks
I think it's all about the Santa's beards not have moustaches...
Love this pic of Nubis with Santa. He has the sweetest face. Nubis that is not the 20 yr old Santa. LOL.
Thanks
He might have the cutest face but sometimes he can be the devil in disguise.
Thanks.
I was wondering the same thing...Santa didn't seem too happy :lol2:

Nubis is adorable, though!
Thanks.

Reactions: GingerGunlock

·
Registered
537 Posts
Why does santa appearing to be going for a headlock and getting ready to punch your dog in the face?

Billy Bob wouldn't have done that to you and the kid would have made you some fresh sandwiches.

(please say you got that)

:p

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Nubis'sDad - you have a goatee / trend setter's think alike...so do I...lol

Nubis - will try to mess with his beard and sure enuf he tried pulling on it. (per quote)
Lets face it, your boy is too smart / he can tell a fake Santa, if his Dad can't...He-He.
- and YES / his big feet, is a sign of strength...I simply love your guy.
Congrats...on the early ear work & going to the best London Vet. in our Ontario Province !!

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He is unbelievably cute. He looks so ickle bitty there too. Just want to squeesh him!
Thanks.
I was trying to get one of him in the sit position, but he got tired of it and went into a down position. He gets impatient and starts to whine. People there were laughing, thought it was cute.
He aint so ickle bitty anymore, geez I turned my head and he got huge overnight, I swear. He is at 33 lbs now, and 14 weeks tomorrow. So it appears his weight is on track.
Here is a pic after we took the posts out.

Those Santas are probably sweating their jingle balls off.
Thanks.
Santa was alright and dog friendly. Plus he knew right away he was a pup. It was funny, some ppl had toy dogs and they asked how old he was and we're kinda stumped when i said almost 3.5 months. Nubis licked one little guy and the poor little dog, pee'd hahaha...
Why does santa appearing to be going for a headlock and getting ready to punch your dog in the face?

Billy Bob wouldn't have done that to you and the kid would have made you some fresh sandwiches.

(please say you got that)

:p
Thanks
Yeah, he would of had fun putting him in a headlock. I think his hand was in a defensive position. lol
OMG, that is the cutest picture. He's beautiful.:D
Thanks
He is just a ham when it comes to pictures.
Nubis'sDad - you have a goatee / trend setter's think alike...so do I...lol

Nubis - will try to mess with his beard and sure enuf he tried pulling on it. (per quote)
Lets face it, your boy is too smart / he can tell a fake Santa, if his Dad can't...He-He.
- and YES / his big feet, is a sign of strength...I simply love your guy.
Congrats...on the early ear work & going to the best London Vet. in our Ontario Province !!
Thanks
I figured I shaved enuf in the military, I can deserve a little facial, Plus i cant grow a beard worth crap, hahaha
Yeah, his feet keep getting bigger. I think he is going to be bigger than the parents, cuz he is the spitting image of the Dam, and she was 83 lbs but I think he will have long legs.
Im glad I researched and found Dr.Staples because my first dobes ears didnt post at all.
He is getting awesome with us doing the posts now and just takes it, but he always popped them out, but the backer rod,, props along the side and does not rub and I find that makes them stand straighter and he is able to work them,

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
LOL - my beard work WAS patchy on the cheeks...so I gave up.
Almost 35 years ago, I grew the hair over my top lip (when I was 21 y/o)...and it came out OK.

My son and 2 friends, just went to a OHL hockey game Friday night.
London beat MI...6-0...I said it was a good game, saw a fight in the 3rd period.
(Don Cherry always said, that's what made the game more exciting...He-He)
- so I ask my son..."when do your remember my goatee" as we walked to the ice rink, from parking our vehicles - we estimate, I had it 15 years now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts