Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I recently got My 8 week old Black/tan, Nubis (Anubis). We are having so much fun!!!!

Many, many,many years ago, I lost my first 2 dobes, due to a marital issue. I have been waiting for this period in my life, for so long its unbelieveable.
I choose Nubis's name, based on its image and its many meanings.

I am glad I found a site like this, as it has a wealth of information and being specific to the Dobe, it is awesome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello from Ohio. Just picked up my boy from a breeder in Michigan about a week ago. I have read a couple of negative comments (after the fact) about her, but I am completely happy with my new buddy Brady. He is a big, healthy male. My brother in law is a vet for Banfield........he checked him out last week and said he is beautiful and healthy. I am not on here trying to pretend I know much about this breed yet, but I am hoping to learn. I had to put my chocolate lab to sleep after 14 years.....wow, that was hard. My wife always wanted a doberman, so here I am. His AKC papers have LADASU at the beginning (I guess for the breeder.) The end has Von-Ariann. If anyone has any info on that, I would love to hear what you have to say (as long as it isn't a bunch of negative garbage.) I have already heard all of that. We do not plan on breeding him, so he will hopefully just be our big loveable pet. Thanks all......so far so good (even with the potty training!) He seems pretty sharp!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to DT! I love your boy's name :] My boy's great grandfather was Aman-Ra and there is a Ramses in the family too, if I remember right. The Egyptian names are great:] I hope you stick around, learn everything you need/want to, and post lots of pictures!

---------------------------------------------

Hello from Ohio. Just picked up my boy from a breeder in Michigan about a week ago. I have read a couple of negative comments (after the fact) about her, but I am completely happy with my new buddy Brady. He is a big, healthy male. My brother in law is a vet for Banfield........he checked him out last week and said he is beautiful and healthy. I am not on here trying to pretend I know much about this breed yet, but I am hoping to learn. I had to put my chocolate lab to sleep after 14 years.....wow, that was hard. My wife always wanted a doberman, so here I am. His AKC papers have LADASU at the beginning (I guess for the breeder.) The end has Von-Ariann. If anyone has any info on that, I would love to hear what you have to say (as long as it isn't a bunch of negative garbage.) I have already heard all of that. We do not plan on breeding him, so he will hopefully just be our big loveable pet. Thanks all......so far so good (even with the potty training!) He seems pretty sharp!
You won't be around long if you think that anything negative we have to say is "garbage." There are a TON of incredibly knowledgeable and experienced people here... they know what they're talking about and they will speak their mind (it's a public forum and the internet, after all). That being said, why not create your own thread to introduce yourself? Perhaps you could include your pictures and not come off with a negative air about you. It's really hard to be positive towards somebody who immediately comes off as aggressive :[

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not intentional

I was not trying to sound negative. I happened to post something on another forum, and I got bashed basically. I already had stated that I am on here to see what experts (such as yourself) have to say. I believe I can learn a lot from people with experience. I am an armed forces veteran with a wonderful family. I have a 6 and a 3 year old. My wife wanted a dobie after I put my best friend (my lab) of 14 years to sleep. That was a bad day. I am not aggressive at all. I just want to learn about my new pal without being put down as ignorant. I will do exactly what you recommended and start a thread.........maybe that will get me some of the info on these Von Arian Ladaso dobermans. Again, we are not breeders, and do not intend on breeding him. He is a beautiful guy, and we want him to become a part of our family as seemlisly as possible. Agressive.........not any more. Loving father and family man..........yes. Thanks for the advice. I don't want to get removed because you think I am negative or agressive. Have a great day. I hope you read the thread and maybe have some input to help me.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the welcome!!!!

The site will be of great assistance, learning new techniques and refreshing my memory from past lessons learned.

Nubis gets his ears cropped next week. my first dobes ears were improperly cropped and never posted. I suspect the breeder, had did them himself. My second dobe had excellent ears but this time around I wanted to get him prior yo cropping so we could bond more and lay some ground rules, hehehe.
From what i have read , this vet is one of the best in Ontario.

Arankin, I'm from Hamilton....

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
Welcome from South of London.
- post some pics of Nubis...we all love puppies here
(my senior girl will turn 11 y/o in Dec...O'h I miss the little babies)

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Beaumont67,,,I will definately post pics. I missed that opportunity with my last dobes as film processing was expensive, taking pictures all the time.
My wife was laughing yesterday, that he had grown taller in 2days, I said you aint seen nothing yet, hheheh
THanks Lexi, AchillesCS and Paladin.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is my first pic of Nubis posing, as MrSerious, like his Dad, hehe

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
Thanks Beaumont67,,,I will definately post pics. I missed that opportunity with my last dobes as film processing was expensive, taking pictures all the time.
My wife was laughing yesterday, that he had grown taller in 2days, I said you aint seen nothing yet, hheheh
THanks Lexi, AchillesCS and Paladin.
I know what you mean...I got my digital Canon G3, when AMY was a year old.
- that was almost 10 years ago
A lot of missed puppy photos, cause 35mm film (back then)...was costly to process.

With my next puppy, planning on doing much video documentation...of my training methods.
- no puppy in our home, till our senior girl has passed...she just hates to share Dad's love & special attention
(keeps her living much longer, though...turning 11 y/o in December / and we are so proud, of the comfortable life, made for her)

Nubis'sDad - ThkU for the pup photo...2 cute !!
- Do you live near me ?? (if your in the London area...your welcome to visit, with me & Amy)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts