Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i would pass this on. Ever since we started giving Nubis some healthy and tastey foods, ie: carrots,yogurt, blueberries, bananas, strawberries, etc. He is now actually spitting out stuff he gets on the ground before i am actually able to tell him no. He can be picky outside all he wants, its fine by me. Hahaha.

Nubis'sMom is researching raw diet diligently and recently discovered a coworker who feeds his 7 dogs BARF only.

·
Registered
45 Posts
At this point I'm willing to try anything with Damon, to include throwing in a fruit and salad bar. Whenever I take him out, that boy keeps his nose to the ground and tries to inhale grass, leaves twigs, old gum, cigarette butts, paper, rocks...you get the idea :rolleyesww:

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
I thought i would pass this on. Ever since we started giving Nubis some healthy and tastey foods, ie: carrots,yogurt, blueberries, bananas, strawberries, etc. He is now actually spitting out stuff he gets on the ground before i am actually able to tell him no. He can be picky outside all he wants, its fine by me. Hahaha.

Nubis'sMom is researching raw diet diligently and recently discovered a coworker who feeds his 7 dogs BARF only.
People ask me..."why does my dog, eat its own sh*t...I say, because your feeding it lower quality kibble, full of corn fillers.
- my dogs never had this problem, it's not rocket science analysis

Healthy diet, solves many woes...now Amy gets a can of sardinees every other night / then she wants to kiss me on the lips ASAP...OMG.
- it has helped her senior hips a lot / we are what we eat, after all

Sounds like Nubis, has a great kitchen staff (aka CHEF Dad & Mom Nubis...lol), of awesome FRESH STUFF / long live Nubis !!
- Mom & Dad, your Nubis is asking for frequent trips to the food market, he don't want to run out, after all / of the good healthy stuff

P.S. - take it from Amy's Mom...cut up bananas are best doggy served, from a bowl with milk & cereal..late at night, as a bed night snack.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I feed raw, but my dogs still eat anything :)

Reactions: Nubis'sDad

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At this point I'm willing to try anything with Damon, to include throwing in a fruit and salad bar. Whenever I take him out, that boy keeps his nose to the ground and tries to inhale grass, leaves twigs, old gum, cigarette butts, paper, rocks...you get the idea :rolleyesww:
Thanks
Well, when i take Nubis outside, its either for a walk or playing fetch, etc in the backyard. If I left him roaming around the backyard, he uses branches as dental floss and will try eating stuff off the ground. I have a few dogs in the neighborhood, that are left out and bark alot. I DONT want Nubis getting the habit of barking out there. When we walk, that is the task and he will get a tug if he keeps sniffing , slows me down. lol.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
People ask me..."why does my dog, eat its own sh*t...I say, because your feeding it lower quality kibble, full of corn fillers.
- my dogs never had this problem, it's not rocket science analysis

Healthy diet, solves many woes...now Amy gets a can of sardinees every other night / then she wants to kiss me on the lips ASAP...OMG.
- it has helped her senior hips a lot / we are what we eat, after all

Sounds like Nubis, has a great kitchen staff (aka CHEF Dad & Mom Nubis...lol), of awesome FRESH STUFF / long live Nubis !!
- Mom & Dad, your Nubis is asking for frequent trips to the food market, he don't want to run out, after all / of the good healthy stuff

P.S. - take it from Amy's Mom...cut up bananas are best doggy served, from a bowl with milk & cereal..late at night, as a bed night snack.
THanks.
Yeah, Nubis'sMom is an awesome cook, so we both are fortunate. The more he discovers, she is the keeper of good stuff, the more he stays in the kitchen with her. LOL

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feed raw, but my dogs still eat anything :)
Thanks
I hearya...ole Nubis boy will still eat stuff on the ground if I dont catch him, but spitting things out is a first, so that is a good thing. Now that the weather is better, I have to get out in the yard and find all the little rocks, so the bugger doesnt eat those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts