Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My club's 25th anniversary is coming up in November, and we are trying to pull together some really fun ideas for our show. I think having some novelty classes as well as our regular classes could be fun. Regular classes here are Jumpers, and agility... So maybe running a gamblers could be fun? (anyone have a website that can tell me exactly how that works?), and a tunnelers course (course made entirely of tunnels!)... Other ideas??

We might decorate the club a bit with our club colours (blue & white), we will print a nice show schedule with the history of the club, champion dogs, past members, funny photos etc. and maybe put up a little display table with our club trophies and shields that we have won...

Any other ideas? I know you lot are a creative bunch!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
You could also do a big weave pole challenge with several sets of weaves.

CPEs Gambler class is called jackpot. www.k9cpe.
AKC has Fast American Kennel Club - akc.org
I'm not sure of Nadac's website but they also have gamblers.

At our annual agility club holiday get together we have a silly course where the handler has to dress up and run with a hula skirt and hat. I think you have a team of 3-4 dogs.

we also played Poker using obedience. You had to put the dog on a stay. Take off you shoes, put on those BIG GIANT ANIMAL slippers...run with you dog (hopefully not attacking the slippers), pull a giant card from a deck of cards, run back, put dog in stay and put shoes back on. Then the next person when.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooooh yeah a 60 pole weave challenge is a good idea.

Might try organize a few vendors, to make things busy and festive (we don't normally have vendors at agility shows)

Really like the idea of a pairs dress up class.

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
Household agility. Jumps could be chairs, coffee tables and the like, weave pole could be toys or cats. Oh, wait, that's my everyday life.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Household agility. Jumps could be chairs, coffee tables and the like, weave pole could be toys or cats. Oh, wait, that's my everyday life.
^^^^ Something the dogs will forget to do...when you bring them home...Not !!

Just see the house manners going, out the window...don't thing I would want my dobe, ever up on the coffee table...leather couch, absolutely Yes.

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
Beaumont, I was just joking. Like I said, that is what my life is like. Ilka has been known to clear five cats from a standing start, and then clear my son and his puzzle in the next leap on her way to the door.

Reactions: Beaumont67
1 - 9 of 9 Posts