Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to stumbled upon this breeder, and I've never heard of them before/can't find any information on them on Dobermantalk.

Anyone ever heard or dealt with them before? Opinions?
I'm just curious...

I see that their future 2012 litter's sire is CH. LIBERATOR'S APACHE WARBONNET...

Main website
The breeder is Jean K Berghuijs

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I'll let the more experienced speak on the bigger red flags I might have missed, and how good the pedigrees are.
but so far from my short browse I have seen worse breeders, but also better.

There is mention of health testing of at least thyroid, hips/elbows and vwd on the stud and dam's, but nothing on echo's/holters or cardio testing.
She is working to point and title the male though I wish she had finished him before breeding him as well as titled any of the bitches at all though, like i said there are worse but there are also better from what I have seen on her site and seen on others.

ETA- Some bitches(2 I believe) are titled and some of the past litters where she lists the parents (odd you wouldnt list every litters parent) she has used and is going to use this year other pointed studs, it just is only in the show brags page versus the dame's page that titled bitches are listed, so that's better than nothing but again I still see room for improvement in a few places, otherwise not bad. Plus the missing info may in fact be there and just not easy to find or not at all on the website, everyone isnt tech savy/good at updating info often

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
I agree, on the comments on the cardio testing--plus liver panels would be nice to see. It may be this breeder is doing these screenings, but just hasn't listed them on the site.

(Which is kinda weird as they've scanned in the other documents, but I'd ask if you are interested in them.)

I like the looks of some of their dogs.

Reactions: Adara

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I know Jean and she is a very nice woman. You would be able to call her and ask her any question you want about her dogs. I know she (like a lot of us) had a rough start with a specific breeder who sold her a "breeding pair" and the whole saga with that. I'll let her fill you in. I can say that when Jean was looking for answers to questions or even now, she is never afraid to ask and will actually listen to what people say :) How novel LOL!

I know she shows her dogs and titles them, she does her own handling (quite well!) and she is very, very pro-active in pit bull ban and ear cropping issues.

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
I know Jean and she is a very nice woman. You would be able to call her and ask her any question you want about her dogs. I know she (like a lot of us) had a rough start with a specific breeder who sold her a "breeding pair" and the whole saga with that. I'll let her fill you in. I can say that when Jean was looking for answers to questions or even now, she is never afraid to ask and will actually listen to what people say :) How novel LOL!

I know she shows her dogs and titles them, she does her own handling (quite well!) and she is very, very pro-active in pit bull ban and ear cropping issues.
Wow, those two dogs were sold to her as a breeding pair? I noticed they share the same sire, and the male's dam is the bitch's grand-dam on her dam's side... that seems kinda tight... interesting mentorship she received back then. Good to see she's done some outcrosses and is active with her dogs. I like her attitude :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for their input! I'm not ready to make a commitment yet to any one breeder yet -- I just keep getting information and putting it together with my research...So when I hadn't heard of them before so I was curious. :)

And thank you gatehouse, I was interested in seeing if any locals had dealt with them before

Reactions: Sinister
1 - 9 of 9 Posts