Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Elza out for a walk in the afternoon as usual. She did pee at her favorite spot and after that sat down on the street. She didn't want to go further. I looked around. There's nothing unusual.

Strange. This happens sometimes. It's OK only when it starts raining or snowning as she hates to be wet. Today was cold yet sunny.
Does she try to control me? Instead of forcing her to continue walking, I tested where she wanted to go. She turned back and headed back to home!
Total outside time was 10 minutes. Distance: 2 blocks.
However, every morning she walks for 20-30 minutes.

She looked happy back home and asked me to play in the living room. Strange! Spoiled dog!?

·
Registered
118 Posts
When its real cold i have a coat for my pup, helps. Id say she just didnt feel like it that day. Up to you to decide to let her win or make her walk. I think i would have made her keep walking but just not so far as usual. In other words, would have cut her a break but still made her do what i wanted her to do and that was going for a walk.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Since she went back home and played. It sounds like she chose what to do that day. When I walk Kyrah and she decides to stop which for her she is looking at something that is different or out of place. If we are in a spot where the roadway is not busy I drop her leash and keep walking. She quickly wants to catch back up with us. If the roadway is semi/busy I just keep walking with the leash and when it gets taunt I just keep walking.

·
Super Moderator
21,990 Posts
I'd be wondering if she's not feeling great. If she normally enjoys walks and today refused, that may be a sign of some kind of pain.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After coming home, she was very active so I think her health condition was OK. Maybe she was not in the mood. Relieved to know that some had a similar experience.
She'll be 3 yr. old next month but she acts like a dobe-teen these days as if she tests or controls me, I feel:( In her real dobe-teen days, she was a good girl. Now is her time!?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
After coming home, she was very active so I think her health condition was OK. Maybe she was not in the mood. Relieved to know that some had a similar experience.
She'll be 3 yr. old next month but she acts like a dobe-teen these days as if she tests or controls me, I feel:( In her real dobe-teen days, she was a good girl. Now is her time!?
Maybe she got bored of the same route? You said she peed in her fave spot, so im guessing you take this route regularly? I know Chase will get fed up of the same walk, and he too would stop and look at me. So every walk I make sure we explore a street or a corner we have never gone to yet.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Indy does this sometimes. I've realized he's just being stubborn or bored so changing our route seems to help. If we're on a group walk and he sits down, I switch dogs with someone and he quickly follows to catch up with me. Tonight he sat down because his "girlfriend" Casey went home with her owner and we were headed the opposite way. I called hubby and put him on speaker. All he had to say was road trip and Indy started to walk in the direction of home, lol. These dogs are so smart!

Reactions: Elzajpn

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone:)
You were right. This afternoon after her pee at her favorite spot, she headed to a different road and continued walking. We enjoyed fresh snow in the park. I noticed she looked bored in a house this morning and SHE decided to change her "routine" outside. What a smart or spoiled dog:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts