Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went to bed early, hubby stayed up to do some laundry for me. (What a nice guy.) So all night last night I kept getting woken up by hubby telling Gracie to lay down. She wouldn't go to sleep for nothing last night. She had to go outside 4 or 5 times last night to BARK! She didn't have to go potty or anything she jsut wanted to bark. So now today when I get home from work I am going to have one tired and cranky dober child. Please wish me luck for when I get home. I hate it when she gets cranky. Maybe she will get some sleep while hubby and I are at work. Let's hope atleast. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Goodluck...

The only way we can keep Diesel quiet through the day is to have him the office with us... and he always makes a song and dance about sleeping in the kitchen with Bruno...

NDJ

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wide awake this morning. I got almost 11 hours of sleep last night. :) But all night she was pacing back and forth. She would go to the back door and ring the bell we have hanging on the door for her to let us know when she has to go potty. She kept hitting it last night, so hubby got up several times to let her out.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hmmm, poor restless girl.... Something is going on, they don't just decide to bug us for no reason you know.... Oh, wait I guss they do actually!
Hope she gets better!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Gracie's_Mom - I wonder if someone or something is lurking around? You may have a new cat in the neighbourhood............or Gracie's just being a pain! Good luck. :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Did hubby watch her go potty?? If she really was trying to go.. she could have a bladder infection.. or something like that going on.. watch her.. Good luck.. but good dog for wanting to go outside and Ringing the Bell!!! WoW

·
Registered
491 Posts
Once in a while my dogs will get all restless like that at night and I think that they need to go out to potty, but all they want to do is run around the house barking. Not a good thing to do at 3am when you have neighbors! I think mine are barking at a cat, though, cos stray cats tend to come up here at night (they MUST have a death wish!) and my girls could smell a cat a mile away! Ohgod, that reminds me of what happened a few weeks ago---Darmok wanted to go out, and it was around midnight, I guess, so my wife was up (she's a night-owl) and she went to the kitchen door to let her out. Right on the other side of the glass storm door was a big fluffy black cat, standing up on its hind legs with its front feet and face pressed against the glass, looking in. Dar was at the door and just stood there for a second or two,with only a pane of glass between her nose and the cat's nose, wondering "do I see what I THINK I see???", then the realization set in on her and the cat, and it was ON! Dar would have liked to eaten a hole in the door, and the cat jumped 8 ft high in one swoop and went over the privacy fence! Well, it took a lot of convincing that the cat was gone to get her to come back in, but I'll tell you, there wasnt much sleepin going on that night, cos after that, everytime the wind blew Dar was stiff-legged and hair standing up, just waiting for the return of the cat! (It became funny to us later)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts