Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Newbie here.
We are so excited to be getting a Doberman pup in a few weeks. Pups are currently 6 weeks old. As they’re born in Manitoba, ear cropping is illegal in that province.

Originally the breeder told me that at seven weeks they would take the pups to Dryden Ontario to have their ears cropped however has just informed me that the doctor has sold his practice so ear cropping is not an option anymore.

Although I would be content with keeping her ears natural, a part of me would regret not seeing if there were any other options available near us.

Therefore my question for you all is:

Does anyone know of any reputable veterinarians in northwestern Ontario that does ear cropping?

I plan on calling around on Tuesday after the Easter holidays but I figured I would ask here and see if anyone knew of anything.

Thanks in advance!

·
Big Lil pup
6,410 Posts
Hi Stephaniie. Welcome from the Pacific NW.

Sorry... No advice from me. Seems like ear cropping is becoming a thing of the past in Canada.

In any case, when you get your little girl, be sure to come back on with some photos. In the meantime, if you have another questions....

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Extraordimary
4,954 Posts
In Ontario, it seems that breeders are taking the puppies for cropping to Wingham Vet or there is one in Tottenham (I don't know which one) and there is one in Amherstberg but I've heard he will only do litters for breeders. I don't know what is available in your specific area, if anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts