Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So no one (BIB) can say I didn't tell them...

United Doberman Club Regional Event
Hosted by the Working Dobermans of the Carolinas
United Doberman Club Sanctioned Competition Event
and Doberman Pinscher Club of America Working Aptitude Evaluation

The premium is now posted to the website: Working Dobermans of the Carolinas. See Events.

November 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, 2007
Durham Kennel Club Building
7318 Guess Road
Durham, North Carolina
&
Raleigh Schutzhund Association Field
1500 Tilley Farm Road
Bahama, North Carolina

UDC Sanctioned IPO Trial for Dobermans Only - Judge: Sandi Purdy, DVG
Conformation Show - Judge: Pat Hess, AKC
2 Obedience Trials - Judge: Pat Hess, AKC
DPCA Working Aptitude Test - Evaluator: Julie Stade, Haven, KS

Show Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

Entry Closing Date
Wednesday October 17, 2007, 12:00 Noon
Entries for DPCA Working Aptitude Evaluation and UDC Temperament Tests will be accepted on the day of the event if our limit has not been reached.

Phil

UDC Champion TLC Wyatt Earp, CD, SchH3, IPO3, FFB, WAC, CGC​

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Excellent, thanks Phil!

Gosh, I remember last year at the event Wyatt had got hit by a car just a few days prior and was banged up pretty bad. Poor guy. I will be there this year again for sure! :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, after planning all year to help out with the show this weekend, one of my wife’s cousins decides this is the weekend to get married. It was explained to me that we would be in Wilmington this weekend. Sigh! I'm not dealing with this very well.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I will be at the show tomorrow. This is my first year and I am VERY excited about going. Sorry you won't be there PS4570.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Darn, so we wont get to see Lena :( I will be there with Ziris, Cosmo, Jingo and Snips. If anyone comes out, come find me, I would love to meet you!

Oh.......and Aden will be there on Sunday :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
So, after planning all year to help out with the show this weekend, one of my wife’s cousins decides this is the weekend to get married. It was explained to me that we would be in Wilmington this weekend. Sigh! I'm not dealing with this very well.
Phil who is the man in your house?!!! do what i do-------- jump up and down------------ stamp your feet-------------- then do as you are told :):):).

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Darn, so we wont get to see Lena :( I will be there with Ziris, Cosmo, Jingo and Snips. If anyone comes out, come find me, I would love to meet you!

Oh.......and Aden will be there on Sunday :)
I WANT PICTURES AMANDA, no excuses either.:):):)
Actually I think I can speak for a lot of people here.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Tori's husband is bringing Jingo and Snips down and he will be at the show tomm and Sunday. Hopefully he is bringing Tori's camera :) If not, I promise to bring mine!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phil who is the man in your house?!!! do what i do-------- jump up and down------------ stamp your feet-------------- then do as you are told :):):).
Yep, like I said, I'm not handling it very well. I originally had my wife RSVP for just two; herself and my son. :ukliam2: Emily was supposed to be handling in conformation. Well, here we are and I just finished printing out the directions to the church, hotel, and reception hall. My wife is already there. I get to follow tomorrow with the kids. I’m anticipating it to be a very long day.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Yep, like I said, I'm not handling it very well. I originally had my wife RSVP for just two; herself and my son. :ukliam2: Emily was supposed to be handling in conformation. Well, here we are and I just finished printing out the directions to the church, hotel, and reception hall. My wife is already there. I get to follow tomorrow with the kids. I’m anticipating it to be a very long day.
Maybe she will return your two little buddies when you get there and you can put them back on.:):):)
I want a pic of it:anicam:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe she will return your two little buddies when you get there and you can put them back on.:):):)
I want a pic of it:anicam:
Oh, I surrendered those when I got married. There is no getting them back. If we make it until November 9th, we will have been married 21 years.

I think my wife has some kind of sentimental thing going on with this wedding. What with our anniversary coming up and all (you know how women are.) The bride is her cousin's 20 something daughter.

I feel sorry for the groom. Back in 1986, I was a clueless 20 something too. I'll see about getting you a picture. :)

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
The Sch Trial was cancelled I believe, but the rest of the event still took place.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hopefully they will have the results on their website soon. I didn't go back for the WAE on Sunday because there were only 4 entries listed in the program and that wasn't worth driving back down. There were 18 conformation entries. 2 adults didn't pass the temp test but Nazarene said on technicalities only. She said training was needed for the dog to know what to do when they heard gunfire.
I think Tammy's dog won the Breed. Don't quote me on this; I was outside.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
That's a shame about the Sch trial being cancelled. Why was it cancelled? Can't be good for the sport to have it called off.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Well, none of our crew did to hot in conformation (surprise, surprise) under AKC judge Ms Bonnie Clarke. Ziris and Jingo both won their class, but they were the only ones in it, so I don't know if I would really consider that a win. Had there been any other dogs entered in the class, I am certain Ms Clarke would not have awarded them the ribbon :D

Ziris earned her YTT (Youth Temperament Test) and Cosmo, Jingo and Snips all earned their ATT (Adult Temperament Test) All with High, Alert Energy Ratings, All were rated Social dogs, and all were pronounced in protection rating. (Judge was Nazarene Mondello)

Cosmo also passed her WAC this weekend with flying colors. She was +2 in all exercises, and +3 for protective response. I was very happy I made the drive down. (Judge was Julie Stade)

I didn't make it to obedience on Sunday, I was exhausted.

Overall, I would say we had a very successful weekend. I certainly learned alot!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts