Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sandy2233
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And now it is history. We just got back. Grand kids did well. No 1sts, but a 2nd in the heavyweight division for sheep, top 5 for other two lambs. And the goat came in 2nd in it's class. Most of these classes are 40-50+ deep. Didn't win but racking up experience. Love to watch them grow in their confidence. The last show will be Phoenix in December. No more after that. National Western in Denver has been cancelled and so has Ft. Worth. I hope this Chinese Virus gets done. Has uprooted all things normal. ECIN: this is your livestock update for November!!!

·
Super Moderator
21,310 Posts
MODERATOR HAT ON:

Let's please use the official name, Covid-19, or SARS CoV-2, or novel corona virus. There are associations with calling it anything else that I hope are unintended and don't meet the Etiquette Standards on this forum of being welcoming to all people.

Reactions: dobegal and LadyDi

·
sandy2233
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MODERATOR HAT ON:

Let's please use the official name, Covid-19, or SARS CoV-2, or novel corona virus. There are associations with calling it anything else that I hope are unintended and don't meet the Etiquette Standards on this forum of being welcoming to all people.
Thank you for the correction.

·
sandy2233
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found out that Phoenix has been cancelled. We will have an empty barn. Those sheep are headed to Texas under different owners now. Perhaps Texas will be strong and allow their kids to exhibit their animals. A big bust on income this year. But with most of the lambs being resold to other youth, we didn't have to haul them to a sale barn and get $150.00 for them. Dont even know what we will do in the spring for buying new stock. If the world is going to shut everything down, I hope they give kids notice. And let them forego purchasing these high dollar animals. We will wait and see.. Empty barns are so sad. I will say our Laramie County buyers stepped up to the plate for the Cheyenne youth. They set records at last summer's sale in August. My son usually donates a hog to our school district for the lunch program and he couldn't get one bought for less that 2 thousand. Hurray for the businesses in Laramie County. Sure made the kids happy. A living lesson on finances for these young youth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts