Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Five months old and he's been eating Taste of the Wild Salmon since 8 weeks. Other then that, a little peanut butter or cream cheese in a kong for a treat and that's it. His gas continues to be HORRIBLE! We have to open all the windows before anyone comes to visit and it's 17 degrees outside! Honestly, it's really bad on a frequent and daily basis. He's healthy, no intestinal parasites. Has anyone had any luck addressing this? Is TOTW known for this? Any suggestions or shared experience would be appreciated. I would love to have him sleep on his bed in my bedroom at night but just can't until this issue is resolved.:confused:

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Not all dogs process dairy (cheese) well, you might try using something else in the Kong. It is probably just the food. I fed TOTW for awhile and didn't notice the gas was any worse than normal. All of my Dobes have had episodes of stinky gas and we just lived with it. You might try changing foods and see if that doesn't help.

My current boy does have gas occasionally but never stinky. He is fed a raw diet. IMO one of the HUGE benefits of a raw diet.

Reactions: Australdi

·
Registered
186 Posts
I feel for you. I had my Dobe on TOTW for a couple of months and his gas was BAD! Changed his food and now he rarely has gas. But I might add, he is a sensitive eater and didn't do well on grain free, high protein kibble, so I'm not sure if it was grain free or more specifically TOTW that gave him the gas.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Registered
178 Posts
My current boy does have gas occasionally but never stinky. He is fed a raw diet. IMO one of the HUGE benefits of a raw diet.
Oh I wish. There is a shar pei that is in our office everyday and even though she's on a raw diet, her gas is horrible and smells disgusting throughout the entire office. And it isn't a rare occurrence.

·
Registered
793 Posts
welcome to my world. no one told me about this either. Its horrible. and she has no shame when she does it, the other dogs will leave the room but nope not her. she just sits there and makes us all suffer. I never had a dog fart so much in all of my life. I wonder if theres a doggie beano or something to help with it. lol.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I feed Orijen and Acana plus they get about 1/4 cup Greek yogurt in the evenings. I used to add probiotics but felt the yogurt maybe did the same thing. The gas is bad. I figure it's a Doberman thing.

Once Joe was laying on the floor and passed gas so badly he turned and looked at his rump. I thought I would die laughing.

If you find something that helps, please post and I'll be watching for ideas as well.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
better out than in.

:)

if that dobergas can't get out.....................not good for the digestive tract.

if you have any other questions about dobergas.....ask melbrod.....she is a dobergas professional.

:)

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Just think some folks sleep with their dobes under the sheets, ewwww.

My Lady I had, would expel noxious gas, smell her butt and then lay in another spot, she was really funny about gas..

·
Registered
667 Posts
OMGosh. Rush has the worst gas also. Every now and then he toots and looks at his tail like it is talking to him. He can clear a room in no time

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Yep, but dont know if its the dobe. On the couch with all 3. Someone has GAS!! and its not me!

ETA: Oh, it must be those little fish'ies I fed them today.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh, no kidding! Phew!! Leia is polluting the air as I type. I had her on TOTW Pacific Stream, but switched her to TOTW High Prairie for a change of pace. You can bet I am switching her back ASAP!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I sitting here crying of laughter. I was starting to think my girl was the only one who had a gas problem. I swear she's taking the paint off the walls. The other day we had gone for a car ride. It was pretty cold out so we had the heat cranked. Well next thing you know we're all rolling our windows down and sticking our heads out not caring how cold it is outside because the smell was so bad we could all taste it. Horrible!!!! lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
Okay, but just to be fair, my lab out does both Dobies in the house. She can clear the whole room with her horrible gas. Even the dogs get up and leave.

Reactions: dobienut

·
Registered
345 Posts
Aries used to be on Natural Balance buffalo and had gas all the time. We moved over to ProPlan Sensitive Skin Salmon and the gas slowed down but still clears the room. Sometimes he finks when he is sitting waiting for a treat or walk and looks at you going "What?!:D"

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My first girl (Blueberry) had the worst gas! I changed her food several times....nothing helped. I just learned to live with it. Sometime when you told her to "sit" she would and let the lonest and loudest go.....I was amazed! She once did it in a mountain store while I was talking with a sales person.;)

My 2 dobies now are only medium gassy.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dobie gas is the WORST!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts