Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in on Monday to the cardiologist for our second appointment, mailed in our holter Tuesday, and the cardiologist received it today and gave me a call today with the findings.

In a 24 hour period:

ZERO VPCs!!!
13,000 APCs, spiked during periods of excitement/stress. :(
His lowest heart rate was 36 BPM during sleep, and highest at 240 BPM when we walked down a street with cats walking about and barking dogs.
Longest pause was 2.9 seconds, during sleep.
Longest run of irregular beats was 27 beats, when he was excited for a walk.

Basically, when he's excited, stressed, ect., he has an elevated heart rate and in turn, a spike in irregular beats. But even when he's relaxed and sleeping he has APCs. The cardiologist says it's not DCM, nothing to medicate yet, but as long as we test regularly and frequently, we'll be able to catch it before it gets serious. The plan is to recheck EKG and Echo in 6 months, holter in one year, and watch out for symptoms, ect. His abnormal heart beats started up sometime between Feb. 2010 and March 2011, but nothing has worsened really since March 2011 and Sept. 2011.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you post this on Facebook too? You know we all worry about Niz. :)
Yes, I did (it's my current status message).

It's silly how bad my hands were shaking when i got the call... Still don't like the number of APCs he has, though, but I'm happy for no VPCs.

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
Today was a great day!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that kind of news!

Reactions: mangujowa

·
Super Moderator
22,945 Posts
Awesome news for Niz! What a relief.

Reactions: mangujowa

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is the first page (main results, rest are charts, graphs, ect.) of the full report:
http://pandography.net/holterreport.pdf

Total Beats : 114952
Min HR : 36 BPM at 7:16:52 AM
Avg HR : 80 BPM
Max HR : 240 BPM at 1:17:31 PM

Ventricular Ectopy
Total VE Beats : 0 (0.0%)
Vent Runs : 0
Beats : 0
Longest : 0
Fastest : 0 BPM
Triplets : 0 Events
Couplets : 0 Events
Single/Interp PVC : 0/0
R on T : 0
Single/Late VE's : 0/0
Bi/Trigeminy : 0/0 Beats

Supraventricular Ectopy
Total SVE Beats : 13496 (11.7%)
Atrial Runs : 8
Beats : 76
Longest : 27 Beats at 9:52:20 AM
Fastest : 203 BPM at 9:52:20 AM
Atrial Pairs : 449 Events
Drop/Late : 394/8145
Longest R-R : 2.9 sec at 5:28:08 AM
Single PAC's : 3934
Bi/Trigeminy : 329/114 Beats

The quality of the scan was excellent. This patient clearly has supraventricular arrhythmias. Even on the Holter it is difficult to tell if
this patient has an exaggerated sinus arrhythmia (respiratory or non-respiratory) or if there is an ectopic/automatic atrial
arrhythmia. The HR ranges are normal for a dog of this size. The fastest HRs and the majority of the atrial runs corresponded to
time points in the diary during which the dog was walking or training and likely represent sinus tachcyardia. These findings are
intriguing but do not appear to be threatening and do not require therapy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts