Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Niz has always been a dog that moved his bed. I usually have to yell at him in the middle of the night to knock it off because the sound of scratching (he hasn't learned the art of moving things by grabbing them with his mouth, or perhaps that's beneath the Princess) is just so annoyingly loud. When he used to sleep in our bedroom, he'd move his bed to block the entrance/exit to the room in the middle of the night, and then move it back in the morning. Now that he sleeps in the living room, he moves his bed to block the path between the hallway to our room and the front door. I have no idea what is wrong with this dog, but that's just one of his Princessy habits.

Also, I'm used to dogs that are territorial charging you along the fence and running along the length of it while you walk by. That's normal to me. Niz is not allowed to be very territorial at our home--one bark, and that's enough. But in SO's parents' place, his Dad allows more territorial behavior (apparently it keeps neighbors' dogs from pooping in parts of his driveway). I don't know if it's because running along the fence is unprincesslike, or because he's an exceptionally lazy guard dog (which is quite likely), but Niz will run to the perimeter and let out a few of his big boy barks (he's got a wide range of barks, from grumbling under his breath barks, deep and loud big boy barks, and frustrated-damn-you-squirrels barks) while staying in that one spot. What's funny is if you opened the gate, most likely Niz would run and lick those and play-bow those dogs to death. Although, I haven't tested that theory out yet--don't think people appreciate a charging heap of nose pokes in black and tan. Empty threats or warnings of impending cuddles? :idea:

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Sounds like he's guarding the door to me too, I put Odin in his crate at night because he is in protection mode all night. I want him to get a sound night Sleep so in the crate for him.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's clear, he's guarding the door.

and fence running is so.... so..... mutt. A doberman is better than that.
You know Niz! Guarding is just not his nature. Perhaps getting his exit strategy ready. :nicejob:

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
What he is really doing is making sure you can't sneak out and go somewhere without his knowing.
Go on try it, try stepping over your fast asleep boy and see if he doesnt wake up and give you the eye. You can't do it can you. Nope, thought not, and so does he.

Our Dobe babies are not daft you know. They leave that for us humans.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
People don't appreciate a charging heap of nose pokes in black and tan, Really? They don't know what they are missing! You just haven't lived, if you haven't had a Dobe ram you in the crotch or butt.
P.S. That bed digging makes you want to scream.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What he is really doing is making sure you can't sneak out and go somewhere without his knowing.
Go on try it, try stepping over your fast asleep boy and see if he doesnt wake up and give you the eye. You can't do it can you. Nope, thought not, and so does he.

Our Dobe babies are not daft you know. They leave that for us humans.
It's for maximum eat poo and die coverage for accidentally trampling him when he moves his bed. I've fallen flat on my face and into a set of weave poles once tripping over his bed.

People don't appreciate a charging heap of nose pokes in black and tan, Really? They don't know what they are missing! You just haven't lived, if you haven't had a Dobe ram you in the crotch or butt.
P.S. That bed digging makes you want to scream.
Lol, Niz knocked SO's mom over once (she was holding a piece of salmon skin) and she went rolling head over heels backwards down a small hill on their property. His dad's first thought was, "How am I going to explain this to the police?"

Oh sweet Nizzy princess. Don't you know that princesses can do whatever they want? They are eccentric on purpose so you can't guess what they'll do next!
If I can't guess what Niz will do next, it's most likely grumble at minions.

the bed digging along with the whines...
The whines, oh the whines. I wish I had a pair of earmuffs in the car. Especially if he recognizes where we are going. Or we pull into a parking lot. Sometimes he thinks traffic jams are parking lots. Niz needs a teleporter.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Connor used to move his dog bed all over my bedroom, too, in the days before he decided to be a bed dog. I think he'd move it to warmer or cooler places in the room, depending on his body temperature. He'd also sleep under it sometimes-all you'd see was a nose or a single leg sticking out.

LOL, he also used to hide things under his dog bed. One infamous night he just couldn't get comfortable-he kept getting up and re-scrunching his bed, etc. I finally looked underneath it and he had FIVE knucklebones stashed under there-no wonder he couldn't get comfy!

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Connor used to move his dog bed all over my bedroom, too, in the days before he decided to be a bed dog. I think he'd move it to warmer or cooler places in the room, depending on his body temperature. He'd also sleep under it sometimes-all you'd see was a nose or a single leg sticking out.

LOL, he also used to hide things under his dog bed. One infamous night he just couldn't get comfortable-he kept getting up and re-scrunching his bed, etc. I finally looked underneath it and he had FIVE knucklebones stashed under there-no wonder he couldn't get comfy!
That's got to be one lumpy bed! Niz used to steal TP when he was younger off the roll, chew it up, and spit it out. He'd then stash it under one of his beds. When he ran out of room there, he'd put them under our bed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts