Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I sit here in Atlanta, GA, well really I'm in Alpharetta away on business this week. The SO went back to work and her schedule keeps her away about 14 hours during the day. Our best option was to board her this week...We found Camp Bow Wow in Bridgewater,NJ for Nikita. Its a boarding facility with doggy daycare during the day. This is going to be the first week, she has been away from us. The only good news is that they have a decent webcam to watch the dogs play during the day. Once I got in the office around 11:00, I logged into the webcam and there she was. Standing in the play ring with 5 other dogs. Not much action going on butthere she was looking like my little girl. At lunch time, they all had a break/nap. About 1:15, I looked again, and there she was again, playing with another dog. They played all afternoon until about 4:00. I had the webcam on all day in my meetings, and watched her more than paying attention to my meetings. She looked like she had a great day, even without us. I didn't get to log into the evening play session, but they are supposed to have another play time after dinner until 7 or 8 pm. So far as I can tell, this may be a decent place to board her in the future. I won't be back home until Thursday night, and won't be able to get her until Friday morning....Man, is this going to be a long week. Atleast I can watch her on the web......

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Aww that sounds awesome! That would be so cute to watch her on the cam!!! lol I can just imagine Nakita...like standing not so sure about what is going on yet...lol "Im new here...lol" like a kid on the first day of school! haha man Id love to work at a place like that as my part-time job! She is going to be SOOOOO excited when you get back....Duchess piddles if she gets REAL excited...so maybe be careful of that hahahahaha!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
What a brilliant facility! I love the thought of being able to watch via the webcam. Just offering that option you get a feeling that they've "got nothing to hide", which is a huge plus.

Kratty, the week will be over before you know it!! If Nikita is playing and sleeping most of the day, I think you'll be experiencing way more pain at the separation that she will. You'll have to let us know how she responds on Friday morning. My first dobe used to punish us when we got home from holidays, would actually sit with her back to you and her ears pushed right back!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh your baby away at camp!! Sounds like a great place though! it is nice too that they are not afraid of Dobermans and that they have webcam!!! Yeah!! too much fun she may never want to leave.. i know the kennels that we take our dogs too the people are great with our dogs!! it is wonderful to find a good kennel!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
That's awesome Kratty!! That is fantastic that they have the cam there!! I'm sure you're going through your separation anxiety, and this helps you!!

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your right, I have the separation anxiety issues. She's my delicate flower....

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She's back home......Just got her this morning. She was really happy to see me. She was so jiggly I couldn't help but laugh. Got a new habit of jumping on me, which before was a no-no. I knew she would pick up a few bad habits, should be back to normal in a few days. She rode most of the way home with her head on my shoulder. When she got home, she had a quick raun through the house, went outside to bark to let everyone know she was home and right into my office to her bed while I started to work. She's asleep right now....

Overall, I liked this place. not expensive at $35 a night which included the daycare play time during the day. I provided the food, which they followed my precise regement of kibble/veggies/meat/supplement mixes, which they did during her feeding time. On Wednesday, I noticed I did not see her for an hour, in which I called them to see what was up. She was in her cabin taking a nap. They assured me there was no issue. They even went so far to say she was doing great there. Very friendly and playful. It was very noticeable that she was well trained. <smiles> The only thing they did not do, was to schedule her a bath before I picked her up. A little stinkier than I left her. no big deal. I got a credit for a day of daycare for this in return. I would say the best part was being able to watch her play on their webcams during my days. It made everything easier. The staff there were very nice and during the doggy rest/nap times, I watched them mop the floors of the play rings. Atleast 3 times a day I saw.

Nikita's schedule each day was this. She ate breakfast and potty duties from 7am to 8am. 8am until noon was play time. Noon to 1 pm was rest/nap. 1pm to about 5pm was play time. 5pm to 6pm was dinner and nap time. 6pm to 7pm or later was play time.....

This is a franchise which seems to be popping up all over the country. So incase your interested check out http://www.campbowwowusa.com/ to see if one is near you....I definately give it a 4 paws rating......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts