Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Da Boss
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newtie turned 5 on New Years Eve! It's hard to believe, I still think of him as my little puppy!
We do have a little bit of a worry that we're dealing with. The vet felt like his prostate was slightly enlarged at his last visit and he's got a concerning growth on his left foreleg. He's having surgery on Thursday (the 7th) to have the growth removed and be neutered. I will not breath easy until it's all done and we have the biopsy results back.

Back to better things, he did have a great birthday! We went to the pet store and he got to pick out a toy (not to mention all the other stuff we got him!), a trip to the park to play ball, prime rib for dinner and pupcakes!

Shopping. It was hard to pick out one thing!

The toy he picked out. He feels like a rock star!

Pupcakes. He much preferred the prime rib!

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,552 Posts
Happy Birthday, big guy!

Meldrew, my first male had prostate troubles when he was about 9-10, so we had him neutered. That took care of it, and he lived to be almost 14. So best of luck there—it really should go well. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,773 Posts
Happy birthday, Newton!

Reactions: Meldrew79

·
joie de vivre
11,241 Posts
Happy 5th Birthday, Newton!!!!

He is so handsome. 💕

I'm sending lots of well wishes that his neuter goes well and his prostate is normal and that growth on his leg is nothing serious. Keep us posted!

Reactions: Meldrew79 and ECIN

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,552 Posts
Happy birthday handsome!! He and Sugar share the same birthday. Such sweet boys.

Good luck on the growth removal. It is stressful. I remember going through that when Coco had hers removed. Good vibes.

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
Happy birthday, buddy.

Hopefully everything will turn out to be nothing worth having worried you, but I know you won't stop worrying until you get that news. Lots of prayers sent up for Newton.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Happy Birthday Newtie!
Best of luck on surgery.
Hoss will have TPLO on 1-11 so I am waiting and worrying also. Ugg.
I was reading some really old threads the other day and I think you experienced TPLO with one of your pups years ago.
Assume things went well with that surgery so certainly you will take great care of Newtie with this procedure.

·
Da Boss
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Happy Birthday Newtie!
Best of luck on surgery.
Hoss will have TPLO on 1-11 so I am waiting and worrying also. Ugg.
I was reading some really old threads the other day and I think you experienced TPLO with one of your pups years ago.
Assume things went well with that surgery so certainly you will take great care of Newtie with this procedure.
Yes, Brandy had a TPLO. It went very well! I definitely worried about it at the time, but never regretted the decision to have it done. I hope all goes well for Hoss!

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,588 Posts
Happy Birthday Newton! Praying that his neuter goes well and biopsy is normal.

·
Da Boss
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wanted to let everyone know that Newtie's procedures went well. I get to go pick him up this morning. It was hard not having a dog in the house last night!
The biopsy results will take about a week to a week and a half. Thanks for the good wishes!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts