Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Read a few post about Dobs playing rough as pups and there is typically no harm. I agree, but mine plays "8 month old Dobbie Rough" with my 8 yr old YORKIE (Who has NEVER played...toys, other dogs, ball, Frisbee, nothing!)....
Kinda no choice now... lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

Read a few post about Dobs playing rough as pups and there is typically no harm. I agree, but mine plays "8 month old Dobbie Rough" with my 8 yr old YORKIE (Who has NEVER played...toys, other dogs, ball, Frisbee, nothing!)....
Kinda no choice now... lol
Poor Yorkie haha. The ears look great on your pup. Who did the ears? And is there a good vet you used for re-taping, check-ups, etc? I live in Chandler. Thinking about getting another Dobe pup soon. Our last Dobe died last summer (oral tumor).

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Welcome from Canada & Roxette is beautiful, stunning ears too.

This is our girl (Kelly) with sons 7 lb. YorkiePoo Trevor, visiting on the weekend.
- first year was chaos, as both dogs wanted to be "king of the hill" & no room for alpha negotiations (LOL)...relationship finally working out now

·
Registered
392 Posts
When Kris was a puppy I had to really watch her with my Shih Tzu x Maltese as they do play rough. Took her almost a year before I could have them all out in the yard at the same time and not have to worry. I still never leave them alone together. Actually, Kiska, my smallest one at 7 lbs. is the one that likes Kris the best. They are always sleeping together. This is a picture of them when Kris was younger.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi from Scottsdale! Mine is turning one yr old next week, and what a difference from 4 months ago! My pup was so crazy with his scissor jaws and all his jumping around that I was seriously questioning his level of sanity and feared that he would never behave decently! I'm so please to say that I worried for nothing! My advise is to take it one day at a time, and keep monitoring their play time. You need to make sure your little one doesn't get hurt by accident, plus it's good to keep the energy level of your dobie under control. It will get easier very soon! The big guy will settle down but until then, he definitely needs constant supervision when the little one is around. I did that non stop since I first introduced my puppy dobie to my older dog and 2 cats. The place has been a zoo since the arrival of the young terror! He still chase the cats, and he still tease the older dog, but now he stops as soon as I say so. So one day at a time...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts