Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI - new here and trying to do homework. Has anyone ever heard good or bad about Desert Legend or Big Doberman's of Desert Legend? They are located in AZ. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.
Lily

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
I would stay far away from that breeder.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm just looking for a healthy Doberman - ears cropped and Euro bloodlines. So, I'm just checking out breeders and if there has been problems, or dissatisfied puppy owners.
Check out the link in Sam and Mack's Mom's signature for what to look for in reputable breeders.

There are breeders in the States breeding Euro Line dogs with the ears cropped that health test for Hips/CERF/VWD/Holter/Echo/Thyroid and that title their dogs in conformation and/or working sports.

Do a search on this site and you will find links to reputable Euro breeders, SandM'sMom gave you some good links to start with.

Please note that Dobermans are not to weigh 130lbs at 13 months. This is a medium sized breed.

Good luck in your puppy search!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you say where you are located it will help people give you better options than that particular BYB.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Reactions: sam&macksmom

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
If your goal is to have a large doberman, I suggest you find another breed. Even the 'thicker' European dobes from reputable breeders will still remain in the standard size wise.

I have an oversized doberman (31"), and believe me, this is NOT what you want. If you would like to hear about my oversized boy's issues, please pm me.

Good luck in your search.

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts