Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isnt in the right part of the forum but since I am a new member this is the only place I can post....I will be picking up my new Doberman in January and the breeder I am picking him up from feeds the pups Purina Pro Plan Puppy, but after doing some research I have found I would like to feed him Orijen. I know I will need to transition him over to the new food but I was just wondering what you guys thought about this transition. Do you believe it will be good for him? Thanks so much

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
ProPlan is a pretty decent food but Orijen is better. I"m sure the transition will be fine for him, just make sure to do it slowly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the help! I will keep my options open. I have seen a lot of good reviews tho for TOTW as well. I guess I will just see what he likes best.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and.......................did I welcome you to dt already?

:)

i feed all my guys Purina Pro Plan Salmon and Rice....pups, young and old guys, dobes, pitbull.........and they all do great on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello and.......................did I welcome you to dt already?

:)

i feed all my guys Purina Pro Plan Salmon and Rice....pups, young and old guys, dobes, pitbull.........and they all do great on it.
Yes, but thank you for the welcome again! And yea the breeder I am getting Diesel from feeds them Pro Plan puppy. I found a local store that sales Orijen maybe I can get a sample and see how he likes it. I just want him to be happy with his food and do well on it.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
i never feed the so called 'puppy' foods.

all my little guys go on the same food my adults are on.

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
I put Khaleesi on Taste of the Wild Salmon when she was 3 months old, talk about a shiny coat!!!!

Welcome and enjoy that puppy. You will be busy. Very busy.

·
Super Moderator
21,990 Posts
My girl, Shanoa, was raised on Orijen large breed puppy and did excellent on it.

Reactions: armydobe

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feed my dog cooked chicken, beef, fish, rice, oatmeal, raw/steamed vegetables, and fruit. I make sure that nothing is on the list of foods poisonous to dogs. I usually mix it with Kib&Bits. He also gets a serving of protein & whey mixed with one of his daily meals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts