Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, so happy to have found this forum. My husband grew up owning Dobermans and loving them. He is dying to get another one. We have a Female Boston Terrier who will be a year old in August. I am concerned about having two females. Does this seem to be an issue for anyone else? Also, can someone lead us in the right direction of a good breeder in our area? Old Drum in the one breeder in the area that I am aware of. Thank you in advance. Looking forward to being part of this forum.

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Welcome from Missouri!

I have 2 girls from Old Drum and I would recommend Ali. She titles, health tests, temperament tests, takes back her dogs if needed, and offers wonderful puppy buyer support.

If you have any questions from a puppy buyer perspective I'd be happy to answer them.

Reactions: sam&macksmom

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Welcome to DT, I'd probably go with a male/female combo since you already have some concerns...especially with a Boston terror in the house :)

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to DT!
I second a male/female combo. In my experience that combo seems to generally work best/more smoothly.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to DT. I, too, live in KC with my three. Not sure where to send you to look for a Dobe puppy but I understand folks are very happy with Old Drum pups. Are you looking for a red or black?

I think same sex can be an issue whether it's male or female but less so with two females. LuvMyDobes is a super sweet, knowledgeable member here and has one or two female Bostons and a female Dobe, Sweep. I think they get along fine. You might search her out and send her a pm.

Any way, welcome to DT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much for pointing me in the right direction. It is greatly apperciated. :)

We are looking forward to having another Doberman in the house again. We are looking for a black Doberman.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
I have a female dachshund and a male Doberman no problems here except the Doxie is the watch dog the Dobe world s best sleeper.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Oh she is so cute. My very first dog as a child was a BT, the family has some great stories they tell of her. She was quite the protector and loved us kids. Welcome from Washington State to DT:p

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Your BT looks like a character. :) Aren't they always, though? Welcome to DT! You've found an amazing source of wonderful advice on finding a great breeder.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have to female Dobermans, and a male Amstaff. It can be done but it is for sure not for everyone; and it needs to the right pair when it comes to Dobies it seems like. I would agree with getting a male Doberman. Best of luck in your search. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts