Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and I figured I would introduce myself and my doberman. I live in the DFW area with my female 1 1/2 year old doberman. She has had a sort of bad start to life. The breeders I got her from cropped her ears at 3 days of age and so now hair will not grow on some spots on her ears.

Here is a photo of her ear that hair will not grow on some spots.

Here is a good photo of my baby girl

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. It did take me and my mother about 6 months to get her use to us messing with her ears. They are still very sensitve I have to tell people that want to pet her not to pet her ears cause she doesn't like it when strangers touch her ears. Once I was at a dog park and there was 2 little girls who wanted to pet trintiy and so they asked there parents who were right there and then the parents asked me I said sure but as long as they don't touch her ears. Well one of the girls didn't listen adn touched trintiys ear and it scared trinty and she snapped at the little girl. I am still trying to work on this but its kind of hard considering she knows just about everyone in my neiborhood and at the human park right down the street from my house so there aren't many people that she doesn't know.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome to the group! Your girl is beautiful even with the missing fur. :)

BTW I love your avatar ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I don't really remember where I got my avatar. I think I did a search on yahoo under images for dobermans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts