1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the AKC website...

New York Bill Would Prohibit Ear Cropping and Tail Docking
[Thursday, May 18, 2006]
Assemblywoman Sandy Galef has introduced A. 11242, a bill to prohibit ear cropping and tail docking. It is imperative that New York fanciers and concerned dog owners contact their representatives immediately to oppose this legislation.

More info here....
http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=2878

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Sad to see it's not only us that is having our freedom of choice taken away by the politicians,we expect a tail docking ban soon too.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
On arrested developement...if anyone watches it ...there is a funny part that the sister lindsay is a big protestor...so she is had this protest or something against circumcisions...and one of the brothers ask her why and she says "It's like a Doberman It's scary without its ears...let them keep their ears" lol just thought I'd share...haha:)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
micdobe said:
What are fanciers in the UK doing to try to stop the proposed ban?
We raise petitions but that will not help,we do not have any chance if the politicians pass the bill,we will end up like the Dutch with a tail docking ban,it will not change my mind about my breed but i have heard others saying they will not have a dobe with a tail.It will still be the same dog,same drive,same habits,just with a tail.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I agree, once it get started it will snowball! I think it is up to each person if they want to cropp or not! the goverment should not have the say!!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The government has too much say in a lot of area's of our lives already, I hope this doesn't pass, it would be sad. If I had to give up one or the other I would much prefer to give up cropping but docking, yikes! And I don't want to give up either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts