Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
14,952 Posts
Not to be outdone, the lovely Rogue gave us 5 active puppies on Monday morning. Sorry about the squinty eyes. More pix to come.

View attachment 155242 View attachment 155243 View attachment 155244 View attachment 155245
Wow! You've really got your work cut out for you--I hope you're both retired these days...

I see that you used Ch Foxfire's All Fired Up (who was actually one of my favorite dogs for a litter I liked a lot) so he shows up many times behind the lil' guys.

It'll be interesting seeing how the two litters grow.

I always love seeing who you've used in these breedings and how they come out.

dobebug

· Registered
1,209 Posts
They're so pretty. How big are doberman litters typically? I'm kinda curious what average litter size is for GSD's too, I'll have to look that up bc it seems like Arrow's mum always has extremely large litters which is interesting.

· Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have had litters all of the way from 1 to 14, so I guess the mathematical average is 6 or 7. The first litter was from frozen which typically produces smaller litters, so 8 is a great number for a frozen implant. The only thing I have noticed from my own experience is that bitches from larger litters tend to have larger litters and bitches from smaller litters tend to have smaller litters, but this is not always true either..

· Registered
1,209 Posts
We have had litters all of the way from 1 to 14, so I guess the mathematical average is 6 or 7. The first litter was from frozen which typically produces smaller litters, so 8 is a great number for a frozen implant. The only thing I have noticed from my own experience is that bitches from larger litters tend to have larger litters and bitches from smaller litters tend to have smaller litters, but this is not always true either..
That's so interesting! All three litters Arrow's mom has had so far is 11 puppies. Every single time!

· Premium Member
15,577 Posts
Quote from K : The only thing I have noticed from my own experience is that bitches from larger litters tend to have larger litters and bitches from smaller litters tend to have smaller litters

Now that is VERY interesting .

How about some update pictures of the other littler :)

· Registered
8,010 Posts
The only thing I have noticed from my own experience is that bitches from larger litters tend to have larger litters and bitches from smaller litters tend to have smaller litters, but this is not always true either..
Interestingly, Ripley was from a litter of 3, while Deckard was from a litter of 7 or 8 (I can't remember, it's been over a decade). Same dam. Ripley was Gigi's 4th and final litter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts