Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so for a few months now I've been window shopping and I found some really nice windows for my house. j/k But today, today, today <-----(echoing) I got me a new toy. A brand new Nikon D40X 10.2 megapixel Digital SLR. So naturally a new camera means more pics and now I can get some good action shots as it will shoots 3 frames per second!

I'm no photographer by any means but I have always loved taking pictures. With the camera came 18 classes so I will be learning how to use it and I will be shooting tons of pics. I'll post the best ones here. Plus I'll be getting a new zoom lens soon so I will be able to reach out and touch some dobes at the next dog show! Here are a couple pics to start off with. Hope ya'll like.

She has got her retreiving down pat now

Ok I brought you the ball now where's my treat?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
YEAH! love the pics. I just got a new a camera yesterday. I am trying to figure out of my gadgets tonight. I got the Canon EOS 30D. I love to take pics. I took over 2,000 with my last Canon and really needed something a litle faster to take pics of our Jada. Will be taking some this weekend and will post them then. Your camera takes great pics. ENJOY!

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
I'm so jealous I'm just not going to talk to you right now.

Seriously, you ought to think about sending it to me, I'll learn it in and out and then teach you how io laymans terms. LOL. First lesson, it never hurts to have a beautiful subject.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
YEAH! love the pics. I just got a new a camera yesterday. I am trying to figure out of my gadgets tonight. I got the Canon EOS 30D. I love to take pics. I took over 2,000 with my last Canon and really needed something a litle faster to take pics of our Jada. Will be taking some this weekend and will post them then. Your camera takes great pics. ENJOY!
Oh my gosh, I could take 2,000 in a week! I go way overboard. Thats why I love digital, you can delete the sucky ones.

Love the new camera.........the second shot is my fav :) We will be EXPECTING lots more pictures! :anicam:

·
Registered
330 Posts
What great shots!! That camera must have a lot of bells and whistles on it to do action shot like that. I love the last shot. Such a beautiful dog!

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
Nice!! I have a Nikon D50 and am in love with it. You'll have so much fun... now for a lens addiction!

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
I am also so jealous............. I have camera envy!!

I want a new camera!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pics

:anicam: Thanx everyone I'm glad ya'll like the pics but I have some learnin' to do still. You know I had the option of buying this camera for $100 less online but if I bought it at Wolf Camera it would come with 18 FREE photography classes. To me 18-2 hour classes is worth more than the $100 I'd save so I chose the classes. I can't wait to go to them.

I'm a graphic artist/web designer so I need a good camera for my work. This is my 3rd Nikon and I love them so I'll be with Nikon for years to come.

tjmom - Congrats on the new cam. Lets see some pics from it.

hbwright - it's in the mail! :biggthump

Amanda - I'm like you, I have tons of cds filled with all kinds of pics from deer, wasps, tons of my kids and even a small plane crash. I love taking pics. It's just another form of art for me other than designing, drawing and painting. I love the digitals for the same reason, "Delete this one, and this one, ohh and definitely that one" and keep the good ones, then keep shootin'! I'll be taking lot's more of Princess as I learn so I'll post as I get them. Hopefully more this weekend.

Bianca's momma - it does have a lot of bells & whistles. More than I know how to use but these classes should benefit me. I am looking forward to learning some neat tricks and just the fundamentals.

bean - Where's the pics? Let's see 'em even if they aren't of Dobes. I almost bought a used D50 with tons of stuff but I passed on it. I know what you mean about the lenses as I've already been pricing a 70-300mm.

velmadobe - When I was in the camera store today I thought I saw a Nikon just like mine with a tag that said "Hold For VelmaDobe":anicam:

Thank you EVERYONE for the comments. I will bring you more soon. Until then:

A Parting Shot

Here is a tired out Princess after running back and forth bringing me the ball. Boy am I tired!:sunglasse

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok so for a few months now I've been window shopping and I found some really nice windows for my house. j/k But today, today, today <-----(echoing) I got me a new toy. A brand new Nikon D40X 10.2 megapixel Digital SLR. So naturally a new camera means more pics and now I can get some good action shots as it will shoots 3 frames per second!

I'm no photographer by any means but I have always loved taking pictures. With the camera came 18 classes so I will be learning how to use it and I will be shooting tons of pics. I'll post the best ones here. Plus I'll be getting a new zoom lens soon so I will be able to reach out and touch some dobes at the next dog show! Here are a couple pics to start off with. Hope ya'll like.
I hear the 18-200 VR is nice

Congrats. That's my main shooter. If you ever have $1600 lying around, the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS is the bee's knees.

But for half the price you can get a 70-200mm f/4. It's still an L lens and is verah verah sharp.

Baine with a 30d and $80 50mm f/1.8

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Congrats on the new camera. The subject matter doesn't hurt taking a pretty picture. I too am jealous. Someday I will cave and get a new camera.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oooooh new cameras are so much fun! I went from a DSLR to a little point & shoot recently because I rarely messed with all the settings and wanted something a bit more portable. I just got a Fuji Finepix F45fd (8.3mp) July 3rd. So far I'm loving it.

My boyfriend finally entered the digital age last weekend. He loves photography but has always preferred his fancy schmancy 35mm (he took the pics of Poseidon I posted yesterday in off topic). He just bought a Nikon D200 and a really nice lens (camera didn't come with a lens).

Love the pictures you posted! I've got that same ball but in green. Poseidon doesn't like toys though, so my ferret has taken it over. I'm not sure where he hid it, I haven't seen it in about 4 months.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Friday the 13th

How about a scaaaary Friday the 13th pic! Bwahahahhahaha!

You know, they have been known as 'Devil Dogs' so here is my Friday the 13th entry. Be afraid. Be Very Afraid!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vr

VillageI - I was eyeing the 28-200m in the store but the guy showed me the difference between the 200mm and the 300mm lense and I liked the 300 better. I need a little more distance for when I go camping as I take a lot of wildlife photos. I'll keep ya posted. Here is your pic cleaned up in Photoshop. hope you don't mind but I put it here so you can dload it to your computer.

Thank you everyone for the comments. They make me want to post more!:anicam:

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
I started with the kit lens, 18-55 I think, and it took good photos but I was ready to move on. I've heard the 18-70 is very good... I now have a 28-200 (not made anymore but can find used) and a 35 f/2. I want a 105 for macro... and would love a wide angle also. I'll always want more but right now am pretty happy with the two. :D

www.dpreview.com is a good site for research on lenses - they have a specific Nikon SLR lens forum. I have a bunch of other good links for research - let me know if you want links to them too.

Playing with photoshop can become an addiction. I have been trying lately to NOT take as many and to really take my time with shots. Sometimes I have so many similar shots it gets tough to decide which to delete. I've been trying to delete more and really only keep my absolute favorites, which is hard!

As far as posting photos, I could do that all day LOL

Here are some of dog photos, since this is a dog forum... :D
My pretty Frankie girl

I like this one, it was taken at night with just a small back porch light on.

Henneh with a wolfy shadow

Henneh with Jolly Ball - her very large pacifier.

·
Registered
137 Posts
GUER03,

Take a look at the 70-300mm VR. I have one of those for my D40 and love it. VR is killer. Did you get the D40x with the 18-55mm or 18-135mm kit lens?

That site bean recommended is a great site for info.

70-300mm VR

And you'll probably want one of these too.

And then....

;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts