Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
I'm sure he loved every one of those precious 10 seconds!

That happens here more often than I'd like. I hand Elka the toy, turn to get something, turn back, and it's broken or in pieces.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
My girls got a basketball for Christmas because a soccer ball just didnt last long enough and Ill be darned if they didnt destroy the basketball in a day. They still have it but its deflated now, it still throws and they can still chase it though.
He looks mighty pleased with himself.

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Great proud moment, for your boy...lets see, 10 seconds & his name is Rush...lol...thks for sharing photos.
- I bet that blue ball will still be a favorate, now that it is nicely broken in

Several years ago, our Amy put a K9 tooth in a similar style ball...problem was it belonged to our next door neighbor's kids...He-He.
- kids learned to pick up there toys, a little more frequent

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
10 seconds, wow!

Last year I gave Elza a soccer ball - She enjoyed chewing! I had to take it away from her.
Last week she found a volleyball in the park - It lasted less than an hour...

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I have tried all kinds of balls but all have fallen foul of Toby the destroyer.

Tennis balls must be de-furred then split open and chomped into little pieces.

Footballs made of synthetic material (soccerball) must be popped within the time it takes for him to retrieve it once it has been kicked. Ripped to shreds then discarded all over the garden.

Footballs Leather (soccer again) must be attacked with gusto, chewed, popped then chewed some more and finally gnawed on till the leather resembles mush. (this actually takes quite some time, one actually lasted 6 months, though it was popped in minutes).

American footballs, have to be popped but thus far his SF 49ers ball is still in one piece.

Any and all small balls have to be chewed until they resemble cubes or just bits of rubber which blend into my persian rug something lovely so when one stands on a piece it comes as quite a shock.

A couple of dog shows back I saw an advert for an indestructible toy, interested I went up to see it and was thinking of buying one when my friend brought her Malinois male over to have a look at the stall and some of the wares. The toys were over 30 euros each which is quite an outlay when you think about it. On examination my friend reckoned her boy would kill it in less than 5 minutes, so I said to the guy who ran the stall if he was willing to let my friends dog try it out and it lasted more than 5 minutes, indeed was not damaged in any way then I would gladly buy the one he had chewed on and one for my dog. For some reason he wouldnt take me up on the challenge/offer.

Guess there is no such beast as an indestructible toy when it comes to Malinois or Dobe on a mission.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Zelda ate half of one and had baseball string coming out of both ends. That was not a cheap vet visit! ;p
Ugh(lol)

I have tried the baseball route but they too fall victim. They last until he gets part of the seam up and then they are toast!!
I see. Maybe Elza's biting power is low. I remembered she was licking it!

·
Registered
156 Posts
That is too funny. I remember I got one of those "indestructable" toys from a pet store and it didn't last 10min's between my two. I promptly took pictures and sent it to the manufacturer. To my surprise, they sent me a bigger one. Of course, it lasted 10mins as well. I decided to cut my loss there. It's amazing how they find their way to destroy things... :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts