Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi this is John and Amber and we just purchased our first Doberman Lucy. We will post pics later. Could someone please help us with a question? We have read a lot about ear cropping and the proper age to do this, however the vet I am planning on getting it done at does it by weight. Apparently he will not crop ANY dog ears until they are 30 lbs. has anyone heard if this? Lucy is currently 6.5 weeks and about 10 lbs. so it seems that 30 lbs is a little far off...
Thanks in advance!:biggthump

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
My little girl is approx. 13 pds but she was cropped at 8 1/2 weeks right before I brought her home. If you wait til yours is 30 lbs it will be too late in my opinion. Most crop between 8 and 12 weeks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
OK if you can private message me I can give you the info of the vet that did Eden's ears. That vet will be about 2 hours from you and will do them now.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Welcome to DT. I am with LTH, find another vet. Make sure you have seen finished dobe ears to make sure the crop is good. Just because a vet does them, does not mean they do them good.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome to DT. You have a cute girl.

Reactions: John&Lucy

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I have to agree Lucy is very cute! Did you rescue her?
Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum...:)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Lucy is very cute. We too live in Jacksonville. Just curious who you got her from...she is just kinda of young to already have been placed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts