Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
675 Posts
Flash said:
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, started today!
I am from Idaho, I dont yet own a dobe. My pup wont be born till next Feb!
Patiently waiting!
Gosh, that's a long time away. ARe you getting him/her from a breeder in the Pacific Northwest? I used to live up there, in the Seattle area.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a Breeder outside of Boise ID. Her bitch wont be in heat for this particular stud till around Dec.
Its just about killing me! I finally found a breeder close to me, that has a great breeding program, and has great looking dogs, now I have to wait!
I guess its not that bad. Ive been looking into the breed for almost 3 yrs now.
I guess it was meant to be this time!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Hi Flash and welcome, I do know what your going through. I will be getting my pup in September but I have been waiting since December. Good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi there Flash! I know what you mean too, but good things come to those who wait! Welcome to the group! Everyone is very nice, and there's a ton of great information on here!

Meagen

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hi flash
glad you could join us - I am owned by 5 year old doberboy name apollo. once you get your little pup, you will know that he/she was worth every minute of the wait. in the meantime you can work on your photo skills - we love picutres of everyone dobes here!

cc

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I must admit I am alittle nervous about getting this pup. I've never owned a Dobe before, so this is a TOTALLY new breed for me. I am used to pitbulls and American Bulldogs! Ive been reading everyones views on puppy food and what KIND of quality food to feed your dobe. My brain almost exploded!! Alot of the food you guys were mentioning I've never even heard of! Guess I'll figure it out!
Thanks again!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to dobieworld! I am owned by a 14 month old fawn female name Princess. Even though you are getting a Doberman for the first time it is good that you have experience with dogs in general. Princess was my first dobie, infact she was my first dog ever! I sure am glad she was my first...lol

Dobies have very unique personalities and they feed off of your love, affection, and leadership. There will be lots of things that won't make sense now but as soon as you get your pup things will start to pull together.

Good Luck
Naveen

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Jen
don't worry about not being familiar with the brand names of the food. we have folks on the formum from all over the world, so some of the brands may just not be available in your neck of the woods.

cc

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hi Flash and welcome to the forum.. I see that you are finding out that this is the best forum on the earth.. Everyone here is supportive, and have lots of information. Good luck with the new puppy. I know waiting is terrible.. but it will be worth it.. Just remember.. dobermans are like potatoe chips once you start you can't have just one!! I have 4 now!! LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts