Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help_up_2

hey all -

i have a 5 1/2 month old red doberman, and im still a little new to puppy raising. i was watching tv with him today, and when he lifted his head up off the couch, there was blood on the cushion. i looked in his mouth and noticed it was right by his gums. he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort or anything, so i am wondering if he is maybe teething and losing teeth?? thank you all in advance, i really appreciate any input at all!!

thanks so much -

dave :dancing_b

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
He may just be teething, that is the age when the adult canines are working their way in, and the puppy canines are working their way out. Or possibly, if he was chewing bones, he may have cut his gums.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
he's training/preparing you for future "omg do ALL dobes do this?" posts
:flower:

I have no idea why there would be blood there other than what Lexus said, I've never had a puppy.
Hope he's OK though

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
At 5 months old he will be cutting new teeth,give puppy chews like "puppy nylabone" to help out.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I agree with the others, it about Teething time. You might look around to see if you can find any teeth laying around the house or easier yet, look into the mouth to see if any are missing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts