Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My name is Brian and I own a 7 month old Doberman named Kaiser. He is very energetic but fantastic to have. I will post pictures soon. BTW ear cropping wasn't as bad as I expected.....lots of comments though.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Hi Brian, Welcome.
I didn't find the ear cropping to be too bad either, but I'm not doing it by myself entirely..... help from my wonderful breeder.

The comments are amazing, from: "why did you do that", "awwww the doggies has an awie", to "yup, that's the way a Dobie should look". Someone asked me if it was for Halloween.

Are his ears all done? How long have you had your dog?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hello Brian and welcome. I am new to this forum also.

DobeMom

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum from me and my crew her in the U.K.
Brian what you have purchased is not just a dog, it's a roller coaster ride,scary, fun, but they just keep you wanting more!! as you can see from my sig pic i can't get enough of em.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah his ears are all done. When I had them done I got mixed reactions. Mostly saying how cruel I am.... He got pain medicine from the vet afterwards and it didn't slow him down a step. Now that his ears are done I still get mixed reactions from "What a beautiful dog" to "Stay away, he bites". That second comment is that one that drives me nuts because he is nothing but love.

I take him to the dog park all the time where he plays with his friends(2 Great Danes). He loves the exercise and I love him tired sometimes. But overall I am 100000000% satisfied with my decision to get him and I am already looking for a second.

Just a quick thought....I am feeding him Canidae. Anyone else use this food.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Welcome. I am a newbie too. Just joined last week. We have a 2 year old red boy, Titus and we are getting our girl on Saturday, she is an 9 week old black dobie.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
EarCropping when done by a experienced Vet is usually successful I would say. Holly only made a sound when She bumped into something other then that in 2 weeks Her ears were pretty much Healed no issue at all. Some vets are terrible at it and when it comes time to Tape the run the other way. Then its the owners job to Tape .. and that sometimes doesnt go well then you see dobes with only one ear standing and ect. Buying from a Reputable Breeder is the way to go. Ignorant people are allowed to make remarks unfortunately but We all know dobes are sweet loyal loving babies!!! so F em

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I am sure you will learn a lot from everyone here. Lots of knowledgable dobe owners here.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome Brian. You will have to get used to the comments if you are going to own a dobe. I've had everything from the old, they turn on their masters, to mothers literally crossing to the other side of the street with their kids cuz of my 'viscious beasts'.

but having one cropped and one au natural, is kind of funny. folks are afraid of Pollo cuz he's cropped and think Molly is a sweet hound dog. Ironically, Apollo is the gentlest dog I have ever met in my life.

anyway, welcome to DT, glad you found us

cc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts