Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! As the title suggests, I've never owned a Doberman Pinscher (have had Bull Terriers, and Hounds throughout life); this is also the first forum I've joined, so I'm a bit hesitant on how to approach this novel(to me) way of communicating.

I live in Minnesota, and have placed a puppy deposit at Cambria Dobes in Holton, IN. While I want to show interest and dedication to the process of getting a pup, I realize breeding is an extremely absorbing activity that goes around the clock; for this reason I don't want to come across as overtly solicitous. In other words I don't want to annoy the breeders with constant phone calls/emails. I'd appreciate it if anyone cared to share their experiences; since this is the first dog I'm buying from a breeder (I just finished grad school, and all previous dogs were bought/adopted by my parents), and I want to "follow procedure" if you will.

I thank you all in advance, and apologize for any seemingly lack of education in the topic (both the breed, and forum conventions). Have a great 2015 DoberLovers!

· Super Moderator
23,786 Posts
Welcome to a fellow Minnesotan!

Congrats on your upcoming puppy.

Reactions: RoberDober

· Registered
16,117 Posts
Read all you can in the puppy and ear taping forums while waiting on updates and the actual arrival of your puppy.

Jim should send you pictures of the litter, but don't get your heart set on one particular puppy. Some breeders can be hesitant to send out video, etc because a few buyers can become fixated on one puppy that is not appropriate for their home. The breeder knows the puppies best and which will fit a particular home better, not even getting into show quality and pet quality.

Congratulations on your new puppy and welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.