Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -
I am new to the site, but not to the breed. I am 33 years old and have had a Dobie in my life for almost all of it. My parents had them from the time I was a baby and I have loved them ever since. My husband and I just lost our family Dobe of nine years last month. It was devastating for all of us.
We are thinking of possibly getting a puppy this summer, and I would love to find a good breeder in the area. We have looked into rescue, but because my husband is active duty army no one will allow us to adopt. We moved our last Dobe from Wisc to Washington state to Tennessee to Pennsylvania to North Carolina and when we couldn't live on post due to breed restriction we simply lived off post. I understand why rescues are reluctant to place banned breeds with military families, but we are the exception. To us, pets are family.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!

sorry for the loss of your boy, may he rest in peace.

also sorry a rescue dobe is so hard to get in certain situations.................

Odd that they have more stipulations than 'reputable' breeders, but they must have their reasons.

Good luck with your research and search for just the right pup/dog!

Hugz to you and yours!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Hello and welcome! I am sorry for your loss and I hope that you find the breeder that you are looking for. Just keep positive and things happen for a reason! Good luck!!!

·
joie de vivre
11,271 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

Where are you located? Maybe some members can recommend ethical breeders in your area.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome to DT, I am sorry for your loss. Hopefully we can direct you to a breeder to find a new member to your family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts