Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just lost our second boy to DCM (both died at 9). I was doing a search for ethical Doberman Breeders and came across a website called "Doberman Puppy Breeders". They claim to be a private company who screens breeders for good breeding practices and they give a 10 year health guaranty. I called and wanted to know details about a puppy ie.. breeder name and bloodline of puppy, health information of parents and grandparents etc. They wont give any information at all and they claim they do all the health checks. They want $2100 to $2900 for each puppy and none are cropped, and with NO HEALTH or BLOODLINE INFORMATION! Has anyone heard of this organization? It obviously sounds like a scam. I have no idea how anyone would be stupid enough to buy a puppy for almost $3000 with no information. My wife and I are trying to find good breeders who check bloodlines and health test and have proof of health history (especially DCM) for at least 5 generations. The list on the DPCA website for health and longevity is very short. It seems almost impossible to get a dog from a breeder on that list if you are not showing the dog!

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
They are puppy brokers. And yes, there are people out there who buy from them, sad but true.

Welcome to DT :)

Very sorry for your loss.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Sounds like a bum deal to me. Won't tell you health information, a ridiculously high price without telling you health information and with natural ears, and a 10 year guarantee? I was going to visit the site but on that information alone I'd say to run far.

I don't know what you mean about it being impossible to get a dog from a breeder on the DPCA list if you're not showing. Many of us here don't show and have dogs from reputable breeders who show their dogs (I'm one of those people). In every litter there are pups who are not show quality. I'm not in Cali but if you tell us about where you're located we can point you in the direction of some great breeders.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
My wife and I just lost our second boy to DCM (both died at 9). I was doing a search for ethical Doberman Breeders and came across a website called "Doberman Puppy Breeders". They claim to be a private company who screens breeders for good breeding practices and they give a 10 year health guaranty. I called and wanted to know details about a puppy ie.. breeder name and bloodline of puppy, health information of parents and grandparents etc. They wont give any information at all and they claim they do all the health checks. They want $2100 to $2900 for each puppy and none are cropped, and with NO HEALTH or BLOODLINE INFORMATION! Has anyone heard of this organization? It obviously sounds like a scam. I have no idea how anyone would be stupid enough to buy a puppy for almost $3000 with no information. My wife and I are trying to find good breeders who check bloodlines and health test and have proof of health history (especially DCM) for at least 5 generations. The list on the DPCA website for health and longevity is very short. It seems almost impossible to get a dog from a breeder on that list if you are not showing the dog!
Not impossible, it will probably just be a long wait to get the perfect dog for you. I know people here will recommend a ton of good breeders for you; you may want to post a thread in the Breeding and Breeders section, or search for previous threads about California breeders. There are a good few!

Welcome to DT from Exeter, CA. :)

Reactions: dobbieguy

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!

good luck in your research and search for just the right pup/dog.

If you get the chance, please check out a few Rescue Doberman too. :)

sorry for the loss of your boys, may they rest in peace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts