Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im new. 26 years of age just got my first dobi pup. He is 8 weeks of age and soon to be getting his ears cropped. im interested in information about successful tapings of ears if anyone has any to share.
Like i said hes my first and very loved. he will also be getting his back dewclaws done when he gets his ears cropped. Im no sure why they werent removed when he had his tail done but i cant complain since we got him from a friend.. i had my vet check him over and hes in perfect health.
Im so excited for him to start growing already!
heh.
Jamie

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! My Vet Tapes Holly's Ears.shorter Crops stand quicker then Long crops it usually takes a month or so for them to stand on their own you dont wanna stop there the ears might start to droop or maybe just one I think most people tape until there 6 months old or about that to be on the safe side and for longer crops tapeing can go way beyond 6 months My vet tapes for 2 weeks then we give her a few days to let her ears breath and tape for another 2 weeks and so on every dog is different and so are there ears Hollys ears stand ok right now she's on her break she gets them posted for the 2nd time Tuesday heres a link on how to tape http://dobermanpages.com/TAPING.htm

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dobilove. You little guy's sleeping habits fit right in with all the rest - you'll have to take a look at some of the pix. (you may want to cover your babies eyes when you see TracyJo's sleeping doberkids;) )
There are some good articles and info on posting in the DPCA website. I am sure there is also a thread here somewhere on it. Kratty or TakirasDad can probably point you in the right direction.

Please keep us upto date on how it goes and please put up more pix. We may not recognize each other in person, but we would recognize each others dobes!

cc

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the info, i have been to that site about useing tampons and what not. i hope it works cause that seems like a simple posting. so i will try some differnt ones.
And yeah i will also keep pictures posted. i love taking pics of my fur babys.
so i will definatly do that. this seems to be the only dobi web forum that i have found where ppl actually respond to your questions LOL.
Thanks again.
Jamie.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hello and welcome!
http://www.dobermantalk.com/showthread.php?t=228&highlight=ear+taping
This was posted by our very own Frznbuns, and has some great taping links available on it, including one you were already given by Crxman.

Your signature of your boys is darling! Can't wait to see some more pics! BTW, I'm Jessie and am owned by a 2 year old bl/rust female named (you guessed it...) Lexus :)

Please check out our Town Hall section, and feel free to add your experiences in too!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi there Jamie and welcome to the forum. All of your little ones are cuties.

I'm Julie, live in Australia, and have a black and rust girl by the name of Jeddah. :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Hi DobiLove,
Welcome!
I was a Dobie owner up until about 5 weeks ago, now I'm pup shopping. These folks have been a wonderful help by answering all my dumb questions.
I see on your other thread you're a country bumpkin. I think I might be a country bumpkin too because I use a donkey for an alarm clock.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new arrival....Taping and posting ears is probably the most difficult thing to learn, especially if you have no one available to help you...I'm sure alot of us can assist with that as necessary. Since I was atleast 4 hours away from my breeder, I learned posting from them and the internet from other doberman forums. I became obsessed with it, just because of all the horror stories I heard about them not doing it right. Welcome again....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Yeah i been reading up on the internet about posting. and i told my hubby that hes gonna be helping be hold jack when its time for posting. So from what i have read i think i can handle it and then of what my vet will show me when its time that he does the two postings. What ive read about the tampon method it does look that difficult, but we will have to see when the time comes, cause at the moment when i touch the top of jacks head he thinks it is play time LOL.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! I can see from the postings that you are already finding that this forum is full of wonderful doberman owners that are informative, and supportive. I have 4 dobermans as you can see. 3 have cropped ears.. after the stitches come out, we give them a couple of days down to dry out and heal better, then up for 2 weeks. After that I take them down again, and I have never had to retape but my dogs have a standard crop, not a show crop... Well, good luck and your puppy sure is cute!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Can't help with the ear thing we are not allowed to do it in this country but a warm welcome to the forum anyway.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am sure you will find this forum as helpful and informative as I did when I first joined and still do. Do as much research as possible before it is actualy time to post the ears, because as it may seem easy at first it sometimes tends to test your patience.

Good luck with the crop and posting.

Naveen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts