Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I found this site while looking for training info.
I lost my male Dobie new years eve to heart failure. He ruled the roost. I have a 4 yr. old female who, for the first time in her life, is alone.
Much to my surprise, Ice, my male, left me a present. Two female pups. One is the spitting image of her daddy.
I have a 1 yr. old grand daughter. She is here every day. She loves the dogs. Ice tolerated her, he loved kids. Sara has never been around a baby. She snaps at the baby. How do I and what do I need to do? I do not want to part w/ her.
Please help me!:please::please::please:

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Hello from Houston. Welcome to DT. My dog's trainer lives in Crosby and will travel. He offers a free 2 hour consultation/evaluation so you've got nothing to lose by setting up an appointment. Al Longoria is the best in Houston as far as I'm concerned. He's a positive-motivational trainer and heads up a Schutzhund club. Tell him Jamie sent you, he's really good and personable and honest.

Dog Training Houston by Longoriahaus Dog Training | How To Train A Dog

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome from Austin and I"m sorry for your loss. I don't have much to add here but Zelda gave you a good lead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need adult Doberman/companion

We are a senior, retired couple near Houston. We owned our first Dobie for 12 of his 13 yrs.. He was euthanized March 2011 due age-related suffering. It was time. In August 2011, I got an 8-yr. old, female, European Doberman which had been used for breeding. Obviously, someone in her past had abused her as she trembled if any stranger approached - especially men; however, she was the sweetest, most beautiful, small black/rust lady imaginable and we loved her. I immediately had her spayed, teeth cleaned, ears flushed and treated for mites (twice), all vaccinations, licenses, mico-chip registered (it had never been registered although both previous owners thought they had done it). When she was spayed, the vet noticed lumps on 2 breasts. He said they might shrink after spaying but to watch them. Mid-December, I noticed that one breast was hanging very low. The vet found 3 breast cancers and we scheduled surgery for 01/30/12. Unfortunately, pre-op X-rays showed a mass on the left lung. The prognosis was grim with or without surgery. I made the extremely difficult decision to euthanize rather than cause this lady any more suffering than she had already been through.
Now we are looking for another Doberman companion: an adult, red/rust or black/rust, male or female, house-trained, (hopefully obedience trained although I've trained most of my dogs since I was 12 yrs. old). The dog we need must be safe around children (although we don't have any, there are some in the neighborhood), and w/other dogs -- large and small (we often care for a relative's small breed when they travel. We have been approved by 2 rescue organizations. I can provide references. If anyone knows of a dog which might fill our "vacancy" please contact me. Thanks. :thanx:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts