Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! :bye:

I was a member of DT years ago with my last Dobe, who was the love of my life. Unfortunately, he passed away from an unexpected illness a couple years back. The members on DT were always so helpful and friendly, so thank you for that.

After spending tons of time searching and researching for the right breeder for another Doberman who I could do IPO/Protection work with, I finally found the right breeder for me. My fiancé and I picked up Hessian II Syn Aimen Daker Poland (Hess, for short) at the end of June. He turned 10 weeks today. His is VERY Eastern European, which I have been partial to for many reasons for quite some time now. His bloodlines run deep, and he is already showing great potential for becoming a great IPO dog. My fiancé is a canine handler for a law enforcement agency, so he is very good with tracking dogs. Even though LE agencies and IPO have very different schools of thought on tracking, the basics are pretty much the same, so the fiancé has been of great help in getting his little nose to hit deep into the ground. I've also been doing light bite work with a flirt rag and a couple other toys, and we are working on very basic obedience with him. We're mostly focusing on positive reinforcement and drive at the moment. Tomorrow I will be meeting the trainer of the IPO club I'm looking at getting involved with, so I'm hoping it goes well. I look forward to conversing, receiving, and giving advice as time goes on.

Anyways, I just want to say hello, and I look forward to being a part of a community that all share the same love and passion for this wonderful breed. I hope everyone is having a great summer so far!

Kind regards,

Alex and Hess II

Below is a photo taken of our little guy :)

https://www.dobermantalk.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=49253&catid=member&imageuser=160489

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your last Doberman. Your new boy is just gorgeous. Good luck with the training and I hope you keep us updated with pictures and news of his progress.

·
Premium Member
9,006 Posts
Welcome from nowhere land - East Central Indiana :grin2:

Good looking little --- for now -- boy -- He has some big paws to grow into ! lol

Look forward to watching him grow up to a BIG boy :grin2:

...Ken

·
Super Moderator
21,280 Posts
Welcome back! If you were a member before, we'd like to restore you to your old member account - please PM a moderator and we can get your old account back so you don't have two.

Would love to see pics of the new pup!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome from nowhere land - East Central Indiana :grin2:

Good looking little --- for now -- boy -- He has some big paws to grow into ! lol

Look forward to watching him grow up to a BIG boy :grin2:

...Ken
Thank you for the kind words! I am from Southern Arizona, and it is hotter than hell down here. It's funny when people where I grew up from in Sonoma County, California Wine Country, tell me, "It reached 85 today! Omg, the lake is calling our name. It's sweltering!" I yearn for an 85 degree NIGHT at this time of year.

And I'm trying to enjoy every second I can with this little guy, because he has already gained 5 lbs in one week. FIVE POUND IN ONE WEEK! He's now almost 11 weeks old, and probably weighs more now. So I'm just enjoying every second of his puppyhood :)

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Thank you for the kind words! I am from Southern Arizona, and it is hotter than hell down here. It's funny when people where I grew up from in Sonoma County, California Wine Country, tell me, "It reached 85 today! Omg, the lake is calling our name. It's sweltering!" I yearn for an 85 degree NIGHT at this time of year.

And I'm trying to enjoy every second I can with this little guy, because he has already gained 5 lbs in one week. FIVE POUND IN ONE WEEK! He's now almost 11 weeks old, and probably weighs more now. So I'm just enjoying every second of his puppyhood :)
You got it down pat!!Really cute pup.

·
Premium Member
9,006 Posts

Yeah - I was talking to a gal at Dimond Back Pharmacy the other day - said it was hot - then I had to throw in what a local weather guy says - But it's a dry heat - lol Hot is Hot !

Sonoma is on my buck list ! Always want to go there and watch the Indy Car race there - looks beautiful there !

One reminder here - it's been a few days since you --- Rejoined - that means ?? Picture time again - lol

Have a good one

Ken

·
well trained hooman
765 Posts

And I'm trying to enjoy every second I can with this little guy, because he has already gained 5 lbs in one week. FIVE POUND IN ONE WEEK! He's now almost 11 weeks old, and probably weighs more now. So I'm just enjoying every second of his puppyhood
We have a similar saying in MN - "It reached 85 today! When does winter start again?" - which is followed by roughly 6 months of "WHEN IS WINTER GOING TO END? I'M SO DONE WITH SNOW" We are also firm believers that "dry heat" (whatever that means) is better than the muggy humidity that we always have around here. Basically, if you live in MN, about 20% of your life will be spent complaining about the weather, no matter which season it is. The other 80% will be spent complaining about road construction, AKA "summer"

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah - I was talking to a gal at Dimond Back Pharmacy the other day - said it was hot - then I had to throw in what a local weather guy says - But it's a dry heat - lol Hot is Hot !

Sonoma is on my buck list ! Always want to go there and watch the Indy Car race there - looks beautiful there !

One reminder here - it's been a few days since you --- Rejoined - that means ?? Picture time again - lol

Have a good one

Ken
Sonoma County is absolutely heaven. I've lived there my entire life, but moved to Southern Arizona for college, bounced around a bit, but ended up back just south of Tucson. With my fiance's career, and our love of guns (we shoot together about 3 times a week, usually 4 for me, since my schedule isn't like his) and the laws are VERY different back in California, and his position at work, there is no work in Northern California, until he decides to switch agencies. Who know how long that'll take. But until then, I get free room and board with family when I go home for the holidays!

And yes, here's a few pics taken over the past week or so. He just got his cup off two days ago, so he now serves as an antenna for us :) I haven't done ears in about 8 YEARS, so they're a little crooked and goofy, but I'm going to a vet tech tomorrow who breeds working Dobermans, and ears are her thing, so she'll get me up to par.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts