Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

i bought my first doberman, i wanted one for my entire life and i told my wife this before she told me she was scared of dogs (haha). well after 2 min pins and a lot of begging she gave in and now we have one of the most sweetest dogs ive ever owned. blake, i got at 10 weeks old due to an owner whos dogs didnt like him her loss my gain..... i was looking at forums so i can start being a responsible doberman owner he is now almost 5 months and i do a little training with i take him to the dog park from time to time but im hopeing to meet some people who can give me some good adviceand help me out with ways to train him/ train me. my name is tristan and cant wait to learn more.

Attachments

·
joie de vivre
11,251 Posts
Welcome from Missouri.

I'd recommend finding a good, positive based trainer in your area and getting into group classes for added socialization. This site can be helpful in finding a trainer and understanding training methods in general: Association of Pet Dog Trainers

"The Power of Positive Dog Training" by Pat Miller is also a very good, helpful read when raising a puppy or starting off with a new dog.

Good luck!

·
Small Handful of Woman
1,783 Posts
Hi Tristan!
Blake is beautiful!
I would second the suggestion to read the book by Pat Miller. It was an excellent resource for me! Welcome :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
hello from utah. group classes and socialization classes are a definite win win for everyone try and find one. i found the one i go to from my vet when my pup got her set of shots, she pottied all over the floor when the vet office cat came up to say hi. 2 months later and she walks with confidence around other dogs and humans

·
Love the Nub
4,897 Posts
Blake is stunning! Only one photo?!?!? :( I agree with the advice already given. If you ever have any specific questions as well, you can post a thread and members on here will be more than happy to offer their suggestions and/or feedback! :)

Reactions: KissNme

·
Snake Wrangler
466 Posts
What part of NH are you in? I'm a member of the APDT and can make some recommendations for you if you're near any of the trainers I know. :)

·
Fawntastic
862 Posts
Welcome from a fellow NH Dober-Owner!

If you are ever interested in joining a Doberman Club let me know. We have a great UDC chapter in VT. I joined last year, and even though it's a 2 hour drive for me to attend meetings and training I've learned so much from the other members.

Welcome and Congratulations

1 - 14 of 14 Posts