Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ! My name is Kim and I live in East TN. I am currently looking for a female doberman puppy to complete our family.

I have had to privledge of having 2 female doberman family members before, Harlie and Jazzmine. Harlie suffered from head tremors and thyroid issues, but was the MOST PERFECT friend I could have ever asked for. She was also a therapy dog. Jazzmine on the other hand.....was just my goofy buddy, but I loved her just the same. :)

I lived on a 12 acre farm and when I divorced and had to move into a condo, I felt that it was selfish to take them and left them both with my ex-husband but with GENEROUS visitation rights.

I have now remarried and have plenty of room ! I feel it would be unfair to rehome them at this time as they are both over the age of 10.

I am looking for a new puppy and thought I would see if anyone could suggest a breeder......or a breeder to stay away from ? I am 90 miles East of Knoxville, TN......4 hours from Nashville, TN and 45 minues from Asheville, NC.

Thanks ! Kim

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Hi there and welcome from North Carolina.

You can always look on DPCA website for breeder referrals.

I know Carmen Pitts has a litter due in March; [email protected], not sure how many folks on are the waiting list.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Hi Kim, welcome to DT. There are lots and lots of breeders to stay away from. There are several good breeders in N.C.; Allure, Goldgrove, Shohaus, Scudamore, and I think Talledega is in NC as well. The only one I can think of in TN is Perfex, but I think a couple of others have been mentioned. Hopefully, somebody who knows will chime in here.

You can ask for info about a breeder here, as you will probably find that somebody here has had experience with a particular breeder.

You might want to start with the Breeders referral on the DPCA site. Just google DPCA breeder's referral and you will find a list organized by State. While you are on the DPCA site you might want to look over the info there about health problems in the breed.

Once again welcome and good luck with your search!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts